Kirk Ferentz

junior4949

So I'm reading along until I come to the heading where Ferentz is seriously being considered for the Cleveland Browns HC gig. What the hell does this guy have to do to prove he's really not that great of a coach? I mean he has a losing record as a HC. At Maine, he put up a stellar 12-21 record. At Iowa, he's put up a stellar 81-74 record. Other than coaching under Bill Belichick, I can't think of anything that screams good NFL coach. I think big Charlie and Romeo have proven that just because you were a good coordinator under Belichick doesn't translate into being a good HC.

I don't get it either, he is fine right where he is at, as much as I hate to say it he is a good fit for Iowa, besides it has only been himself and Fry coaching at Iowa for like the last 30 + years! I think he will continue to turn down the NFL, but I would not be surprised if he would look at other colleges in the future. Penn St maybe... oh wait JoPa will live forever so that is out <_<

IMO the only way he leaves Iowa is if the right NFL job comes along. I don't think he'll leave Iowa to go to another college because there is no way any other college is going to pay him as much to be their head coach. For what he's achieved at Iowa since he has been there he is WAY over paid. The only reason Iowa has as good of a record as they have this season is because of Shonn Green.