Witt/Fumble/Overturn/Etc.

Another team and they don't even show this call.

"Oh Nebraska won... let's taint it and show everybody how lucky they were... we can't have them do anything on merit."

No, you're ridiculous. That was seriously a game-changing call. Of course they are going to go back and ask, "hey, wait a minute. Was this 100% or is there controversy here?"

IMO, it was the right call.

"Oh Nebraska won... let's taint it and show everybody how lucky they were... we can't have them do anything on merit."

No, you're ridiculous. That was seriously a game-changing call. Of course they are going to go back and ask, "hey, wait a minute. Was this 100% or is there controversy here?"

IMO, it was the right call.

it was the right call, I think Tyler Grisham's 1-handed grab at the sideline (where the camera was too far away to get a good view) was a catch, but that fumble was definitely not a fumble

And it is pretty bad when they do it, and everyone that was from Clemson on this board never even mentioned it. <_<

Usually if it's a close or questionable reversal you'd hear the negatives from the other side (Clemson). I haven't heard or seen a peep from them which helps cement the reversal as a great call.

^ yeah, that one was definitely more questionable. I think it was ruled incomplete and there wasn't sufficient evidence to overturn. I thought I saw the ball bounce off the ground on one of the replays...would have to watch it again to be sure.

Yeah the ball sure looked like it bounced on the ground as he hit out of bounds. Incomplete.

On the Witt play the camera following the play from behind had the best angle and it showed he had his right knee down and then when they went to freeze frame it looked like he also had his left knee down by the time the ball came out.

^ yeah, that one was definitely more questionable. I think it was ruled incomplete and there wasn't sufficient evidence to overturn. I thought I saw the ball bounce off the ground on one of the replays...would have to watch it again to be sure.

Yeah the ball sure looked like it bounced on the ground as he hit out of bounds. Incomplete.

On the Witt play the camera following the play from behind had the best angle and it showed he had his right knee down and then when they went to freeze frame it looked like he also had his left knee down by the time the ball came out.

The one thing (and ONLY thing) I liked about the CBS broadcast was when they ran the replays slow motion in reverse. No other game this year did this. You can really focus on the ball.

Usually if it's a close or questionable reversal you'd hear the negatives from the other side (Clemson). I haven't heard or seen a peep from them which helps cement the reversal as a great call.

The Clemson fans that have been posting on this board are too classy to whine about it anyway. It looked like the right call to me, but I was half-expecting the ruling on the field to stand. Every Husker fan knows we dodged a bullet with that play because it could have easily gone the other way.

Any close game there are always one or two plays that would change the game. You made yours and we didn't.

Our Clemson friend is right about this. One or two plays would have changed the game.

The one thing (and ONLY thing) I liked about the CBS broadcast was when they ran the replays slow motion in reverse. No other game this year did this. You can really focus on the ball.

i will agree with that, their camera crew was great.

That play is going to haunt Witt until september. Too bad the coaches couldn't get him in for another play.

I hope not, but you could be right. As far as the actual play itself I really didn't understand what all of the fuss was about, it seemed pretty obvious - to me anyway - he was down. They had a 'freeze frame' shot of him before the ball came out and unless Witt has the ability to float 8 inches off of the field his right knee had to be down. They got it right in the end.

another thing; I don't know how many of you heard the comment made by one of the announcers (no clue which of the three geniouses came up with it) but they were talking about replay and said that because of the replay rule the officials on the field don't feel as much pressure to make the right call initially. Basically the point was the refs know they will 'fix' any blown calls in the booth so they don't have to worry all that much about getting it right on the field. I was thinking, "are you f*&%king kidding me?", that's the stupidest thing I heard all game......and with those three, that's saying alot!

I think what they meant was, in a situation like the Witt play, the refs are more likely to just let that play go and then check the replay to get it right. If they call him down and blow the whistle then it's ruled a turnover on the replay, Clemson gets the ball where they recovered it instead of it being a touchdown because the whistle was blown. So with replay they are less likely to blow that play dead and they let a lot more plays go.

I don't know, I just don't see the bias against the Big 12. THE college football story of the year this year was the Big 12 South, and it got waaayyyy more coverage from ESPN and every other media outlet than any other conference or conference subdivision.

Well, IMO Texas has always been a media darling and, since they're in the Big 12 South, have brought a fair amount of attention with them. Basically since the inception of the Big 12 Texas has had more control than they deserve.

Just wondering..

When i saw it on the replay x amount of times it looked as if his RIGHT KNEE was down before his left, then the left, then the ball, but the left and ball were really really close.. all ESPN is showing is his left knee and the ball, some saying it was a questionable call.. did I just make up about the right knee being down first? Or what did everyone else see there...?

No, you didn't make that up. I think Rece Davis mentioned that it was a great call to overturn it.

i heard him say that. just as i was posting that lol... but still no mention of the right knee...

on a side note.. does it hurt anyone else to hear Mark May and Lou Holtz talking about other sports?

As an aside --- one of the things that so impressed me about the Clemson coaches, their players and their fans is that not one of them cried about that call, used it as an excuse or in any way ragged about that one. Very impressive display of class and sportsmanship on that. Imagine what the CU (that is Colorado University) fans, or KSU fans or an array of many others would have been spouting here and on their own boards were they to have been in CU's (Clemson Universities) shoes.

I don't know, I just don't see the bias against the Big 12. THE college football story of the year this year was the Big 12 South, and it got waaayyyy more coverage from ESPN and every other media outlet than any other conference or conference subdivision.

Well, IMO Texas has always been a media darling and, since they're in the Big 12 South, have brought a fair amount of attention with them. Basically since the inception of the Big 12 Texas has had more control than they deserve.

Yeah, I think that argument makes more sense than the "ESPN hates the Big 12" argument.