Clemson's QB

Well to the Clemson fans, I for one really enjoyed the whole game. Yes we won, but I think I enjoyed mostly because we played against an overall clean team with an outstanding defense. IMO it was a very good match up with two teams definately on the rise.

As far as your QB I am not sure what the comments were that he said about the firing of coach Bowden, but I am wondering if it had anything to do with the comments that Swinney had made about the play of the QB in the bowl game. I read it this morning in the Omaha World Herald and he basically was throwing the QB under the bus, by making comments about taking the sack at the end of the game and other bad decisions. I understand they were poor decisions and the coach should have said that to him, but not in public. IDK it may have sounded worse than it was.

Well to the Clemson fans, I for one really enjoyed the whole game. Yes we won, but I think I enjoyed mostly because we played against an overall clean team with an outstanding defense. IMO it was a very good match up with two teams definately on the rise.

As far as your QB I am not sure what the comments were that he said about the firing of coach Bowden, but I am wondering if it had anything to do with the comments that Swinney had made about the play of the QB in the bowl game. I read it this morning in the Omaha World Herald and he basically was throwing the QB under the bus, by making comments about taking the sack at the end of the game and other bad decisions. I understand they were poor decisions and the coach should have said that to him, but not in public. IDK it may have sounded worse than it was.

Well, he isn't a very good human being (at least based on how he talked about his coach being fired after the fact) so I'd have to say karma sucks. I do remember him saying "he got what he deserved" right after Bowden got the axe and thinking it was about as classless a thing as one could say. No offense to the Clemson fans because, after watching the game and having you all on our board the past few weeks, I have grown accustomed to you and will be cheering for Clemson in the future.

Well, he isn't a very good human being (at least based on how he talked about his coach being fired after the fact) so I'd have to say karma sucks. I do remember him saying "he got what he deserved" right after Bowden got the axe and thinking it was about as classless a thing as one could say. No offense to the Clemson fans because, after watching the game and having you all on our board the past few weeks, I have grown accustomed to you and will be cheering for Clemson in the future.

Thanks, I figured it was something on the lines of that, but you are right Karma's a bitch.

Let me add this: Tommy Bowden did a lot of good things for Clemson and I was one of his strongest supporters until...he diverted blame and even went so far as to pass it on to his players.

Example 1 - Jad Dean, our kicker (Lou Groza finalist yr before), had a kick blocked up in BAH STUN (BC) which kept us from the win. Tommy promptly said in his presser that Jad took too long to kick it... 2/10 a sec late?? He lost my support there

Example 2: Last yr Cullen Harper's ACC numbers were better than Matt Ryan's, the Heisman candidate. Cullen was a pre-season candidate this yr. During our impossibly poor performance in the 1st half of the yr, Tommy diverted blame onto Cullen. That is where the inside joke of Tommy's firing "He got what he deserved" came from.

I dpn't think undermining an atheletes performance helps too much, especially when it comes from your leader- your coach. In both of those examples, those two spiraled in such a negative manner that it was hard to believe and witness.

Tommy, as a grown man and a leader, was dead wrong to pass off the blame for his own good.

That is my 2 cents...I owe you some change too

I'm not too big on being critical of an athlete, but he was bailing from the pocket a moment or two too early. I highly suspect Nebraska's Defense may (call me a fool) had something to do with that?????

I've been scared of Nebraska's Defense since the 70's...still am.

All in all, we were fortunate to land such a bowl and even more fortunate to get matched up with such a formidable opponent. It's hard to fault him too much in my book.

Right there with you. He played hard and did some good things.

Maybe some of his critics would like to line up under center and look Suh in the eye. He did fine.

Let me add this: Tommy Bowden did a lot of good things for Clemson and I was one of his strongest supporters until...he diverted blame and even went so far as to pass it on to his players.

Example 1 - Jad Dean, our kicker (Lou Groza finalist yr before), had a kick blocked up in BAH STUN (BC) which kept us from the win. Tommy promptly said in his presser that Jad took too long to kick it... 2/10 a sec late?? He lost my support there

Example 2: Last yr Cullen Harper's ACC numbers were better than Matt Ryan's, the Heisman candidate. Cullen was a pre-season candidate this yr. During our impossibly poor performance in the 1st half of the yr, Tommy diverted blame onto Cullen. That is where the inside joke of Tommy's firing "He got what he deserved" came from.

I dpn't think undermining an atheletes performance helps too much, especially when it comes from your leader- your coach. In both of those examples, those two spiraled in such a negative manner that it was hard to believe and witness.

Tommy, as a grown man and a leader, was dead wrong to pass off the blame for his own good.

That is my 2 cents...I owe you some change too

This is really bad and I agree with you 100% The HC is the leader or commander of the team, and that is who will and should take the blame. That's part of the job IMO.

The only thing is though Swinney was quoted kind of doing the same thing, not quite as harsh, but similar. I read this in the Omaha World Herald this AM. I hope it was just inexperience as the HC he seems like a good person otherwise I thought.

What do yaw think of Korn next yr., I seen him play twice , once at Byrnes and once in Clover, my high school and he looks good ast times but that team at Byrnes made him look good alot.

I played against Korn when he was still with Byrnes and let me tell you, he's a slippery guy. It was almost impossible for me to sack him. He's going to be a great thing for Clemson next year.

What do yaw think of Korn next yr., I seen him play twice , once at Byrnes and once in Clover, my high school and he looks good ast times but that team at Byrnes made him look good alot.

I played against Korn when he was still with Byrnes and let me tell you, he's a slippery guy. It was almost impossible for me to sack him. He's going to be a great thing for Clemson next year.

by saying almost i'm guessing that you're hinting at the fact that you did eventually manage to sack him?