Clemson just got a former Husker staffer

Kevin Steele as D Coord.

He was our LB coach in the early 90s - bolted to the pros (Panthers) after the '94 title. Trev Alberts won the Butkus award under him in '93. I think Ed Stewart finished 2nd in '94, too.

Good recruiter - he landed Tommie Frazier for us. Had a tough time as HC at Baylor, though. I think he and Kevin Greene didn't get along so well either.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=895833

This is a great hire for Clemson...he will help this already stellar defense!

Agreed.

And adding to the chorus --- and for our Clemson friends out there --- I am now added to the Clemson fan club. Great fans, excellent team on the rise. I hope you guys own your conference in the future. Many Husker fans will be rooting for you guys. Who knows, maybe sometime in the next 4-5 years our two teams can hook up in the BCS National Championship game. That would be great!

This is a great hire for Clemson...he will help this already stellar defense!

Agreed.

And adding to the chorus --- and for our Clemson friends out there --- I am now added to the Clemson fan club. Great fans, excellent team on the rise. I hope you guys own your conference in the future. Many Husker fans will be rooting for you guys. Who knows, maybe sometime in the next 4-5 years our two teams can hook up in the BCS National Championship game. That would be great!

That would be awesome. GBR and Go Tigers!