Barrett Ruud

I wonder if BC had any input to Gruden on Barret? Could be starting a pipeline to Tampa. I think it is great if BC is working to get the kids on to the next level. Thanks to Barret for a great career and one who will be missed.

Fabian said he believes Billy C put the word into the Raiders for him. I'm sure the Gruden gave him a cal about Ruud.

I know this kids attitude is going to be missed this year. What a team player. Hopefully his dream comes true very quick. Most do not have the work ethic and desire he displays. I think it will happen and soon just like Demarrio.

Ruud Being Honed For Bucs' Defense

TAMPA -- Even though he grew up in Lincoln, Neb., new Buccaneer linebacker Barrett Ruud has been watching and rooting for the Bucs for the last 10 years or so.

Part of that might be because his father, Tom Ruud, played for current Buccaneer defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin at Nebraska in the 1970s when Kiffin was the Cornhuskers' defensive coordinator.

Ruud ready to claim spot

By TOM BALOG

tom.balog@heraldtribune.com

TAMPA -- Right out of the blocks Friday, Barrett Ruud got a good indication of the plans Tampa Bay has for its second-round draft pick.

The linebacker from Nebraska was named one of four captains of the team's three-day rookie mini-camp in his first day with the team.