Predict the scores for the 2009 schedule

JTrain

If Suh comes back (Where's the praying smiley?) our defense is going to be top 20 material. :box Our D-line should be absolutely awesome with Turner back and (hopefully) the Young Monster Steinkuhler contributing. Our linebacker corp will be improved from post-Glenn '08, with Dillard hopefully back to pre-injury status. Can someone fill me in on Latravis Washington? Think he will grab the starting position at OLB?

Our secondary has a ton of potential. Three returning starters. Rickey T and Asante can be excellent safeties with a little more off-season work on the fundamentals. Physically they have all the right tools. Anthony West was, IMO, the most improved player on our team over the course of the '08 season. Prince and Hagg are both getting better as well. We might even see a true freshman contributing since we hit that area pretty hard in recruiting.

I'm optimistic about Witt. He's looked fluent and under control running the offense when he's gotten the chance. I know, I know, it's never been in a pressure-packed situation (except for the Gator Bowl... and we won't talk about that) and he has probably run the simplest plays in the book, but just considering the basics (taking the snap, making hand-offs, running in the open field, etc.) he looks promising to me. I don't expect him to be as good as Joey, or certainly not in the first 6-7 games, but he should be adequate. The real test will be in avoiding costly interceptions. If he can do that our defense will keep us in a lot of games.

Junior and a revived Castille return in the backfield, so no worries there. And our O-line is supposed to be a strength, according to the experts (but they've been wrong plenty of times before). Receiver is the biggest question mark position on either side of the ball. We're gonna need somebody to step up. Now on to the predictions:

FAU - Solid team, won a bowl game against CMU. Witt would have to go all Joe Dailey on us to give them a chance. I think we win comfortably, although it might not be pretty. W 34-17

Arkansas St. - I don't know anything about them, so I won't pretend to. They're Arkansas State, though... they can't be that good. But they did beat the aforementioned FAU, and Texas A&M this season. W 38-14

@ Virginia Tech - Uh-oh. This one will be tough. T-Mobile is back and Blacksburg will be rockin'. Let's hope Witt is in the Accelerated Learning Program. L 17-20

ULL - W 35-21

@ Missouri - I don't think Maclin has decided yet. Maybe I should wait on this. But I have a good feeling about it. I'll go ahead and be a homer... W 37-31

Texas Tech - We've lost three straight against these bastards. Two absolute HEARTBREAKERS, and one absolute BLOWOUT. I expect a real close game. Hopefully they're QB will actually have a down year for once. W 31-28

Iowa State - How many more coaches will have passed through Ames by this point? Who knows? Who cares? W 31-6

@ Baylor - Griffin will hurt us, but if we at least contain him for the majority of the game, we should be golden. Who knows, though... could be another close one. W 28-21

Oklahoma - Even two-inch thick rose-colored glasses couldn't make me predict a Husker win. Oklahoma is the king until somebody shows me otherwise. That being said, I will be sure to wear my three-inch thick rose-colored glasses to the game and scream my head off. L 30-21

@ Kansas - This is gonna be a great game. Hopefully I can get tickets... never been there. It's a toss-up really. W 27-26

Kansas St. - Snyder's back but he's got a real mess to deal with. Freeman is gone. They're in trouble. W 39-14

@ Colorado - These games are usually way too close for comfort. I'd love to stomp them but I think it'll be close. Henery kicks the game winning FG as time expires... W 30-28

Yup, I predict us to go 10-2.

kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

:koolaid2::waste

Florida Atlantic: W 44-24

Arkansas St: W 35-14

@ Va. Tech: L 23-18

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 27-10

@ Missouri: W 41-24 (and long overdue)

Texas Tech: W 39-33 (and long overdue)

Iowa State: W 42-16

@ Baylor: W 34-24

Oklahoma: L 49-24

@ Kansas: W 24-21

Kansas State: W 47-0 (as a rule, I ALWAYS predict shutouts against KSU)

@ Colorado: W 27-21

:waste

FAU - W - easy

Arkansas St. - W - easier

@ Virginia Tech - L - returning almost everyone. Close like last year

ULL - W - um.......easy

@ Missouri - L - haven't won in Columbia since 2001. Were losing games there before Maclin and Daniel were out of highschool. I think that will continue

Texas Tech - L -This is one of those, you need to actually pick it the week the play it games. Could be switched

Iowa State - W - its iowa state...sorry cy.

@ Baylor - L - Another flip flop game. They should only get better. close game but intill NE actually stops a running QB my vote goes to Griffin

Oklahoma - L - no way in hell, well maybe a slight chance, but very unlikely

@ Kansas - L - KU returns by far the most talent of the North. Reesing as a Senior, in Lawerance, just too much

Kansas St. - W - not this year, if ever...

@ Colorado - W - Cu could give NE a hell of a game. There should be healthier, they couldnt possibly lose as many players as they did this year....

6-6 or 8-4. Ofcourse I reserve all rights to change my mind once we actually see who is playing QB and if the WR's can step up and be a #1/#2 guy. Slauson and Murtha will need to be replaced, your new LB's have to be able to tackle and run and of course the DB's have to not suck like they have the past 2 years. Plus seeing the other teams on the schedule would help also. :dunno

SO this is my WAY TO DARN early to really know anything post. I know you want to bookmark it so you can throw it back in my face should I be way off. Thats cool as long as your willing to see my "I am the smartest person on this board :horns2 " post should I be right :clap

FAU - W - easy

ULL - W - um.......easy

@ Missouri - L - haven't won in Columbia since 2001. Were losing games there before Maclin and Daniel were out of highschool. I think that will continue

Texas Tech - L -This is one of those, you need to actually pick it the week the play it games. Could be switched

@ Baylor - L - Another flip flop game. They should only get better. close game but intill NE actually stops a running QB my vote goes to Griffin

@ Kansas - L - KU returns by far the most talent of the North. Reesing as a Senior, in Lawerance, just too much

@ Colorado - W - Cu could give NE a hell of a game. There should be healthier, they couldnt possibly lose as many players as they did this year....

6-6 or 8-4. Ofcourse I reserve all rights to change my mind once we actually see who is playing QB and if the WR's can step up and be a #1/#2 guy. Slauson and Murtha will need to be replaced, your new LB's have to be able to tackle and run and of course the DB's have to not suck like they have the past 2 years. Plus seeing the other teams on the schedule would help also. :dunno

SO this is my WAY TO DARN early to really know anything post. I know you want to bookmark it so you can throw it back in my face should I be way off. Thats cool as long as your willing to see my "I am the smartest person on this board :horns2 " post should I be right :clap

I'm more worried about playing at Baylor than at Missouri. I could see them dropping one of those games, but not both.

Assuming NU's offense can produce close to what they did this year, they should beat KU by a couple possessions. NU's lines will dominate in the second half of that game.

FAU - W - easy

ULL - W - um.......easy

I'm more worried about playing at Baylor than at Missouri. I could see them dropping one of those games, but not both.

Assuming NU's offense can produce close to what they did this year, they should beat KU by a couple possessions. NU's lines will dominate in the second half of that game.

Thats a BIG if. I love you guys, but you can't spend the last year telling everyone just how great Ganz is. Going on and on about if he was in a different conference he would be one of the top QB's in the country. Then turn around and pretend like someone who has never seen the field, or a true freshman for that matter will pick up where he left off.

Do I believe Gabbert/Dalton/Glasier will pick up where CD was last year and the first 5 games this year. No way in the world. Can they do what he did the last half of the year. Yeah they could. Will they...thats a whole nother issue.

Like I said i researve the right to change the picks, its January for cryin out loud...

Now...this is the ultimate in boredom!! Predicting the scores without knowing if Suh comes back, who the QB will be...who will step up as a receiver, who will make up our defensive backfield...hmmm...not a lot to go on here.

Should be interesting to see everyones fantasy though....

at this point there have been a few sports writers picking us to win the north........and an MU fan picking us to go 6-6.

ill remember this post fro and i will shove it in your face!

I SAID 8-4 TOO!!! <_<

Those same writters who think NU improves across the board while losing about 75-80% of there offense and replacing it with players who have never been more then a spot player if they have even got on the field. All while discrediting MU/TT and others because they lose players as well. MU's players have atleast PLAYED. :lol: Mu's two starting WR's next year have both been Fresh All-Americans and have nearly 170 catches 2150 yrds and 16 TD's between them. That is about 4 or 5 times NE entire roster (if not more).

There is still ALOT to be proven between about every team in the north. Just remember if I am right, you will bow down to the greatness that is FRODADDY :worship

< on the road >

Please allow me to direct your attention to EARLIER THIS YEAR.

There fixed it for you <_<:clap

I do believe untill he pulled up lame he was kicking your butts by his lonesome. I believe they will be better, hince the pic. BUT it is still Baylor...

maybe i still have visions of Brad Smith in my head :lol:

I know, I know, it's never been in a pressure-packed situation (except for the Gator Bowl... and we won't talk about that) and he has probably run the simplest plays in the book, but just considering the basics (taking the snap, making hand-offs, running in the open field, etc.) he looks promising to me

Witt's looked promising taking the snap? :D

He'll be better, I'm sure. Just needed to get those out of his system. It'll be an interesting QB battle for sure.

Thats a BIG if. I love you guys, but you can't spend the last year telling everyone just how great Ganz is. Going on and on about if he was in a different conference he would be one of the top QB's in the country. Then turn around and pretend like someone who has never seen the field, or a true freshman for that matter will pick up where he left off.

Yes we can. As long as we admit to doing just that: pretending. :lol:

Yes we can. As long as we admit to doing just that: pretending. :lol:

Thats what makes it fun :lol::koolaid2: