Predict the scores for the 2009 schedule

JTrain

For being in the Big 12, our schedule's actually very favorable next year. No Texas or Okie St. (both should be legitimate top ten teams), while OU and Texas Tech are both at home. The worst part about our schedule is the order of it. Witt won't be able to ease into the role with road trips to VT and Mizzou in the first five games.

If by some modern day miracle we end up 6-0 after the first half of the season, we will be ranked in the top ten, and suddenly the Oklahoma game becomes monumental.

Florida Atlantic: 38-13 Schnellenberger is a hell of a ball coach but he has limited talent on the roster

Arkansas St: 45-10 see above but subtract Schnellenberger

@ Va. Tech: 21-17 a close defensive matchup with Pelini and Bud Foster fuming on the sidelines with frank Beamer looking lost as usual.

Louisiana-Lafayette: 55-7 see Florida Atlantic and Arkansas St.

@ Missouri: 44-27 They lose everybody and they will struggle

Texas Tech: 38-31 despite losing Harrell and Crabtree the offense is potent but Texas' lack of Defense costs them the game

Iowa State: 57-14 Iowa St. continues to own the celler spot in the north

@ Baylor: 38-17 This score is based off weither the huskers we saw in the second half of this past years game play all four quarters

Oklahoma: 31-44 we lose this one but not many teams may beat OU next year anyway

@ Kansas: 55-31 tough back and forth game lack of KU having a defense costs them the game in the second half

Kansas State: 145-0 Bo exacts his revenge for 2003

@ Colorado: 45-21 Hawkins is carted off the field after Ralphie runs his @ss over as the buffaloe leads the team onto the field in the second half.

Huskers make a nice showing in the Big XII title game but lose to OU so we finish 11-2 of course 9-4 or 10-3 is also not out of the question.

LOL. Funniest post ever. Yes, and it's WAY too early to predict order of finish! KU will be better than NU in 2009. The Jayhawks have a lot of firepower coming back. Reesing as a senior at home, and the game will likely be for the north title!?! I don't see Nebraska leaving KU with a win.

top 10 will be a stretch. I dont see Mu or NE being ranked to start the year and if they are it wont be higher than #20. Almost every top 25 team will go 4-0 in noncon so even if you are ranked the only way to climb is too absolutly kill the teams you play. The only way NE is top ten after their first 6 is if they start in the low teens and atleast 1 of MU/TT/VT have a top 25 team or higher.

I think this fits in well here:

Enos; St. Louis: Can Mizzou survive the loss of Daniel, Maclin, & Coffman and still be a force in the Big 12 North?

SportsNation Ivan Maisel: Nebraska looked really strong in the second half of the season. I think the Huskers are back.

Ivan Maisel also didn't know the name of KU and MU's QB's this year. The guy is a tool. He sounded like a complete jackass when they interviewed him on 610 Sports. He shouldn't be employed. <_<

I just realized Virginia Tech is part of the NCAA's plan to bring back exciting games at neutral fields to kick off the season (sort of like the old Kickoff Classic, except these will be worked into the 12-game schedule instead of added on). I think it's pretty sweet. The two that I'm aware of for next season are BYU vs. Oklahoma at the new Cowboys stadium, and Alabama vs. Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome. That should be a great game, and if the Hokies win, they'll be ranked pretty high when we come to Blacksburg.

Enos; St. Louis: Can Mizzou survive the loss of Daniel, Maclin, & Coffman and still be a force in the Big 12 North?

SportsNation Ivan Maisel: Nebraska looked really strong in the second half of the season. I think the Huskers are back.

Ivan Maisel also didn't know the name of KU and MU's QB's this year. The guy is a tool. He sounded like a complete jackass when they interviewed him on 610 Sports. He shouldn't be employed. <_<

no joke. There is obviously a reason he didnt answer the question. He was probably like " oh s***. um, um , come on Ivan think big 12. who's in the big 12 north...north...north....NEBRASKA!! They won some games.....

And now for huskerboard theatre, Frodaddy will play Ivan Maisel.

huskerfan - "So fro, how will Ne do with out Ganz, Swift and Peterson next year?"

Me - "KU beat Minn. in a bowl game"

LOL what a tool :lol:

top 10 will be a stretch. I dont see Mu or NE being ranked to start the year and if they are it wont be higher than #20. Almost every top 25 team will go 4-0 in noncon so even if you are ranked the only way to climb is too absolutly kill the teams you play. The only way NE is top ten after their first 6 is if they start in the low teens and atleast 1 of MU/TT/VT have a top 25 team or higher.

Well, there tons of variables that will come into play of course, but if VT beats Bama (a possibility considering the quarterback situations), the Hokies will be ranked in the top ten for sure. I imagine Missouri will be ranked between 20 and 25 to start the season as you predict. Nebraska will be right around 25. If you beat a top ten team and a top 20 team (both on the road) and you start right around the end up the poll, you will almost certainly be in the top ten at 6-0. Bama is the perfect example this year. They start out at #24, beat #9 Clemson and jump all the way to #13 immediately! By the time they were 6-0 they were up to #2. So I'd be willing to bet you if Nebraska is 6-0, they'll be in the top ten. Of course, in all likelihood we won't be 6-0. But if we are, no doubt we'll be top ten. Probably even top five if VT beats Bama and Mizzou beats Illinois.

Don't forget we will have beaten 5-0 Texas Tech too, who at the point will probably have been ranked in the top 15.

Ok here is the winner

Florida Atlantic-W 38-13 A little closer than what it should be

Arkansas St-W 41-14 Won't be that close and they score a late TD

@ V Tech-L 24-28 Tech wins with a very late TD

Louisiana-Lafayette-W 48-10 Take the loss out on LL

@ Missouri-W 31-21 A solid win to start big 12 play(also we win because they lose Moore, Booger, and Maclin)

Texas Tech-W 21-13 Offense struggles but we get some revenge

Iowa State-W 41-17 They aren't very good

@ Baylor-W 30-28 Griffen plays well but we have Alex Henery

Oklahoma-L 35-41 Playing at home helps but Oklahoma plays better

@ Kansas-W 35-21 The defense plays steller and we take OU loss out on KU

Kansas State-W 45-28 If they didn't have Snyder it could have been a lot worse

@ Colorado-W 31-17 Colorado plays well but overall Colorado struggles during the year and fire Hawkins

Big 12 North champs :koolaid2:

no joke. There is obviously a reason he didnt answer the question. He was probably like " oh s***. um, um , come on Ivan think big 12. who's in the big 12 north...north...north....NEBRASKA!! They won some games.....

And now for huskerboard theatre, Frodaddy will play Ivan Maisel.

huskerfan - "So fro, how will Ne do with out Ganz, Swift and Peterson next year?"

Me - "KU beat Minn. in a bowl game"

LOL what a tool :lol:

LOL! Well played Fro! :clap

Sat, Sep 05 Florida Atlantic Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Sep 12 Arkansas State Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Sep 19 Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, Va. L

Sat, Sep 26 Louisiana-Lafayette Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Oct 03 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo. W

Sat, Oct 17 Texas Tech * Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Oct 24 Iowa State * Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Oct 31 Baylor * at Waco, Texas W

Sat, Nov 07 Oklahoma * Memorial Stadium W

Sat, Nov 14 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan. W

Sat, Nov 21 Kansas State * Memorial Stadium W

Fri, Nov 27 - Sat, Nov 28 Colorado * W

Yes...we beat OU next year. OU's O-line is gone and Bradford I believe declares early knowing he won't be able to repeat his success with an all new starting O-line. OU also loses some key defensive players. NU finishes 11-1 losing only to VaTech.

Florida Atlantic: W 38-7 defense plays strong durring whole game, offense is still working out kinks

Arkansas St: W 42-10 strong showing again on d forcing turnovers, also a special teams td on a punt return

@ Va. Tech: W 21-14 tough physical game, huskers want revenge and win on last minute drive

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 28-10 still a little to excited about the vt win and almost lets one slip, O barely shows up turning the ball over alot but d plays strong again

@ Missouri: W 28-24 long over due victory in columbia

Texas Tech: W 63-45 offensive showcase in lincoln, defense forces 4 turnovers

Iowa State: W 35-0 d is playing lights out

@ Baylor: W 31-14 d has a hard time containg taylor but offense grinds it out

Oklahoma: L 35-24 oklahoma is just to much for huskers to handle

@ Kansas: W 24-17 win gives sole possesion of north!

Kansas State: W 55-10 seniors go out in style

@ Colorado: W 27-17 alyways to colse for comfort

we can always hope:0

Do I believe Gabbert/Dalton/Glasier will pick up where CD was last year and the first 5 games this year. No way in the world. Can they do what he did the last half of the year. Yeah they could. Will they...thats a whole nother issue.

Was Booger hurt the last half of the season? I thought I heard that. One of the biggest things I despised about Snyder was that he was the one who started not telling anyone who was injured. I bagged on a couple of Huskers, then felt bad when I later heard that they were playing injured.

Do I believe Gabbert/Dalton/Glasier will pick up where CD was last year and the first 5 games this year. No way in the world. Can they do what he did the last half of the year. Yeah they could. Will they...thats a whole nother issue.

Was Booger hurt the last half of the season? I thought I heard that. One of the biggest things I despised about Snyder was that he was the one who started not telling anyone who was injured. I bagged on a couple of Huskers, then felt bad when I later heard that they were playing injured.

They said he got hurt in the first half against oklahoma. But that wasnt the issue, he just started making bad decisions. Threw a ton of Ints and had a number of fumbles. started forcing things and had some WTF moments. He basically for better or worse, fell apart.

Florida Atlantic: W 38-15

Arkansas St: W 35-14

@ Va. Tech: L 28-20

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 33-10

@ Missouri: W 42-28

Texas Tech: W 40-29

Iowa State: W 48-10

@ Baylor: W 38-27

Oklahoma: L 45-34

@ Kansas: W 38-33

Kansas State: W 55-3

@ Colorado: W 31-23