NU to the Big 1O?

"The Diner" you are thinking of is probably "The Grille." It is a hotbed for weirdos and otherwise unmentionables. I would suggest the much classier Bissett's.

I trapped you with the graduate school rankings when you said all of the US News rankings were useless. True, much of the formula comes from peer review, but rankings in professional programs include much data relating to GPA and test scores amongst other things.

You're right. Harvard didn't need US News to make a name for itself, but you better believe heads would roll in the ended up ranked 12th in the 2011 version of the rankings.

I guess we can agree to disagree on the relevance of/ability to determine rankings, but they're not going to be going away or taken any less seriously by those "who don't matter."

I guess we need to quit with all of this non-Husker talk while we're ahead before we're chased by an angry torch-wielding mob!

Oh and I don't think you need to be able to pass a swim test to graduate college (ahem...Cornell).

"The Diner" you are thinking of is probably "The Grille." It is a hotbed for weirdos and otherwise unmentionables. I would suggest the much classier Bissett's.

I trapped you with the graduate school rankings when you said all of the US News rankings were useless. True, much of the formula comes from peer review, but rankings in professional programs include much data relating to GPA and test scores amongst other things.

You're right. Harvard didn't need US News to make a name for itself, but you better believe heads would roll in the ended up ranked 12th in the 2011 version of the rankings.

I guess we can agree to disagree on the relevance of/ability to determine rankings, but they're not going to be going away or taken any less seriously by those "who don't matter."

I guess we need to quit with all of this non-Husker talk while we're ahead before we're chased by an angry torch-wielding mob!

Oh and I don't think you need to be able to pass a swim test to graduate college (ahem...Cornell).

Ahem...you got your first correct post in this thread. Hazaa!!!

yup, I first posted "The Grill" but edited it. It was 1999 (I think), after a night at the bars. I bet my then-friend still has the T-Shirt he bought there...anyway...I'm getting way off topic here, see the links I posted on page 1 as to why I think Missouri and the Big 10 are courting each other in case they should decide to bolt from the Big 12. Are they rumors? Yes. But where there is smoke, there is fire.

i love smart people. going to smart schools. doing smart people things. like arguing about how smart they are in a nebraska football related thread. those smart people and their smart schools.

Hey...I'm retired and it's the highlight of my life now a days. And you?

im just a stupid farmer. the banker keeps telling me all these zeros are good, but i dont believe him. i mean, theys zeros!

i love smart people. going to smart schools. doing smart people things. like arguing about how smart they are in a nebraska football related thread. those smart people and their smart schools.

Hey...I'm retired and it's the highlight of my life now a days. And you?

im just a stupid farmer. the banker keeps telling me all these zeros are good, but i dont believe him. i mean, theys zeros!

okay

The question of "whether NU should bolt to the Big 1O" if and when the opportunity arises was mentioned on another board. I don't subscribe to that board.

To me, it would be a death knell for the program. NU has a HUGE following throughout Big 12 country, including Texas where I live. Lots of Texas recruits go to NU because NU has so much visibility here. A lot of kids go to NU because, while it's a bit farther north, it's still in the Big 12 and mom and dad can make some games.

A good part of that would DIE if NU joined the Rust Belt conference. It would FOREVER change the complexion and perception of Nebraska from a midwest/south-type program to a north/ice cold/isolated program.

I hope such an idea is never floated. Everything to lose, little if anything to gain.

this thought is not even on my radar screen.......not even remotely.