Pedersen

How well do you think Pederson has done?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just don't attack each other, just the opinion

I think overall he had to make changes, he did what was necessary. The upgrades are great, even though I'm not sure of the whole arms race in college football, but it's the Capatilist way.

The one thing he really screwed up was the search. Not speaking with the media was just stupid. It turned into a circus and was quite embarrassing IMO.

He brought in coaches with different ideas and it scared people. Too bad.

Right now, I have to say "OK, I guess. " I think many times he is a public relations nightmare, but I think he wants to take NU to the top of college football.

I should have clarified earlier, but this thread won't be closed because of the topic. It would be closed if it get's out of hand. :) Until then, happy debating!

It is kind of like saying no fighting in the Jerry Springer show :lol::lol: .

I think SP has done what he thinks needed to be done. He was at NU at the pinnacle and wants NU to be there again IMO. As with others sentiments, yes, his methodology has lacked in some respects. Hopefully, he has learned from these experiences in the last two years and goes forward and can make everyone happy :lol: .

:horns2

GBR

as all have said, his methods and style of leadership leave something to be desired, he needs to try to not get into controversial situations and work on improving creditability......as for his firing of Frank, I still don't think he had a replacement in mind BEFORE he fired him, so he looked a little desperate, yes? anyway, as far as his pick of bc the jury is still out, but so far bc is, IMHO, trying to handle the kids like NFL players and in the long run i don't think that works.....

if he has success several years down the road, then i will have no complaints

hunter

He has done some things questionably in his stay so far, but also done some good things. I think he has the right goals, just questionable methods. Remember, everyone hated "Dollar" Bill Byrne when he was here too. It's not an AD's job to be popular.

I don't think it's a surprise that 2/3 of the people on this board think he's done a decent job. He made some tough decisions that were unpopular and still are but that seem to have the long-term success of the program in mind. He told Frank and Collier to recruit better, one coach went out and did it and saved his job, the other didn't and lost his. The way Frank was let go was terrible, I admit that. And the guy isn't charming or likeable when he deals with the media, so that adds to his lack of popularity as well. But he's done some great things bringing in the old players (both last year and the spring game this year) and it's obvious he wants to win as bad as anyone in HuskerNation. I wouldn't give him an "A" yet, but if he gets the program where he wants it to be I think he definitely deserves a boatload of the credit.

I don't think it's a surprise that 2/3 of the people on this board think he's done a decent job.  He made some tough decisions that were unpopular and still are but that seem to have the long-term success of the program in mind.  He told Frank and Collier to recruit better, one coach went out and did it and saved his job, the other didn't and lost his.  The way Frank was let go was terrible, I admit that.  And the guy isn't charming or likeable when he deals with the media, so that adds to his lack of popularity as well.  But he's done some great things bringing in the old players (both last year and the spring game this year) and it's obvious he wants to win as bad as anyone in HuskerNation.  I wouldn't give him an "A" yet, but if he gets the program where he wants it to be I think he definitely deserves a boatload of the credit.

On this we may disagree...Frank wasn't given time for his changes to work (predominantly new staff). Frank's recruiting classes weren't as star-studded as this one, but he must've done something right, three huskers were drafted early. That said, Fearless didn't recruit ENOUGH talent. There wasn't much depth. College football has changed, and while Frankie tried to change, his changes weren't given a chance to work. While TO could turn almost anyone into a good player (how many top 25 classes did he have?...not many), it is very tough to do in today's world.

While I sound like a Solich person, I"m not. I was really sick and tired of seeing a QB draw or option to the short side on third down. However, many of his changes worked in going from a 7-7 season to 9-3, and even though I didn't like some things about him, I think he deserved more of a shot after making the changes he did.

Besides, Pedersen botched the whole thing, and while I haven't given up on Callahan, I'm not sure it's going to work. Here's hoping it does, I am always optimistic... :wasted