Forbes ranks 20 most valuable BCS football teams

HUSKER 37

Notre Dame Is the Top-Value College Football Team Going Into 2008

Forbes Business Magazine has selected the most valuable college football teams by comparing what the programs contribute to four areas: the value of contributions from football to the school for academic purposes, net profit generated and retained by the athletic department, distribution of bowl revenue from the conference, and the spending in the local area during home game weekends.

The following is a ranking of the Top-15 teams going into 2008.

Rank# Team Value Profit

15) Sou Cal Trojans $53 Million (tie) $13.0 Million

15) Arkansas Razorbacks $53 Million (tie) $19.3 Million

13) South Carolina Gamecocks $69 Million (tie) $28.9 Million

13) Penn State Nittany Lions $69 Million (tie) $29.4 Million

11) Oklahoma Sooners $70 Million $18.5 Million

10) Ohio State Buckeyes $71 Million $26.6 Million

9) Alabama Crimson Tide $72 Million $31.8 Million

8) Auburn Tigers $73 Million $33.9 Million

7) Tennessee Volunteers $74 Million $17.3 Million

6) Louisiana State Tigers $76 Million $31.7 Million

5) Florida Gators $84 Million $38.2 Million

4) Michigan Wolverines $85 Million $36.2 Million

3) Georgia Bulldogs $90 Million $43.5 Million

2) Texas Longhorns $92 Million $46.2 Million

1) Notre Dame Fighting Irish $101 Million $45.8 Million

This list shows if nothing else, money can't by championships. It just puts you in the running. If I where a Razorback or Game **** booster, I'd want a refund! All that cash hasn't bought either of those teams jack.

I think you're missing the point. The list wasn't just about which teams generate the most money for their particular athletic department or sport, but was also about which teams generate revenue for the local economy and also for the academic areas and the school as a whole. I'd be ecstatic as a booster for Arkansas or USC, since the money generated for the school and local economy would do more to generate more wealthy boosters than a good football program would.

This list shows if nothing else, money can't by championships. It just puts you in the running. If I where a Razorback or Game **** booster, I'd want a refund! All that cash hasn't bought either of those teams jack.

It's gotten Arkansas possibly the best athletic facilities in the country and at least the Hogs have 3 SEC division titles in the last 12-13 years.

It's gotten South Carolina 2 HOF coaches in Spurrier and Holtz even though the program for 100 years has been a death trap for coaches. It actually killed Joe Morrison(coached against the Huskers in 86 and 87)