All Time Offensive Guard

All Time Guard  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even though Stai is a sentimental choice, I had to go with Steinkuhler.

From huskers.com: Among the top offensive linemen ever to play at Nebraska, Dean Steinkuhler anchored a line that paved the way for the nation's leading rushing offense in 1983 before sweeping the top awards presented to linemen.

As a senior that season, Steinkuhler won both the Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy...Steinkuhler's No. 71 jersey, along with Rozier's No. 30 jersey, was retired following the 1983 season, in which the Huskers ran for an average of 401.7 yards-per game, while also leading the nation in scoring, averaging 52.0 points per contest.

Steinkuler will be the popular choice, but I voted for Brown again. My honorable mention Toniu Fonoti. From his Husker bio: 1999 Pancakes (Knock-down blocks) - 23 (1.9 per game)

2000 Pancakes (Knock-down blocks) - 155 (14.1 per game)

2001 Pancakes (Knock-down blocks) - 201 (16.8 per game)

Career Pancake Best - 32 against Texas Tech, 2001 (21 vs. Northwester, 2000 Alamo Bowl)

Double-Digit Pancake Games - 21; 0 in 1999, 10 in 2000, 11 in 2001

Are you freakin kidding me! What a monster that guy was! I love the story about the team "hazing" Fonoti that David Kolowski told in his book. When he was called out to receive his beating, he just said "No, you won't be doing that." Nobody was brave enough to argue with him.

The only reason Bob Brown won't win is because most voters are to young to remember him.

There are only 2 players who have their numbers retired at NU. Bob Brown (2004)and Tom Novak

He was very complimentary to Bob Devany and NU at his induction to NFL Hall of Fame.

I think he was selected to more All Century Teams for NU than any other guard except maybe Shields.

Unanimous All American and lineman of the year by the 1963 Washington D.C. Touchdown Club.

Wanted to make an impression his first day of practice with Raiders, so he gave a goal post a shot with his forearm and broke it off.

Here are a some bio links.

Bob Brown Bio

Brown Bio 2

Brown Bio 3

Brown Bio 4

Brown Bio 5

post-4426-1235500342.jpg