Victim #2

I think this is a team that the Huskers can ill afford to underestimate and they won't. Zac Taylor playing his former school makes this game interesting. The Huskers will still be working out some kinks in week two, but should come out on top possible in a close one.

I have been talking about this game ever since they were put on the schedule. This is a major test for us this early in the season.

They will have no intimidtion factor. This team will show up ready to play and in my mind expect to win. Home field advantage will be non existant. They have played much tougher competition and done well at home or away. This is a much better team than 4-7. I expect them to actually be in the hunt for the ACC division. They have alot of experience returning and a kicking game that is second to no one. Be ready for the rants as this is a no win situation, even most of the Nebraska fans think this is a cupcake game. Nothing could be further from the truth.

whoa whoa whoa. I agree that we can not overlook a team like wake forest, but putting them in the hunt for the acc crown and eliminating our home field advantage? Come on. They have serious issues offensively as far as being very one dimesional, and believe it or not, we were very good against the run last year. Our stats dont look as good because our d was on the field so much. And defensively this team is mediocre and looks better for the same reason that we look bad. Their offense keeps their defense off of the field, unless of course they cant run the ball, which they shouldnt be able to do. This team is no Southern Miss from last year, and we are not the Nebraska team from last year. I predict a comfortable victory.

for those feeling over confident, better go back and read eric the red's article again.....they played some very good competition damn close last year..don't think for a moment that their 5-6 matches our 5-6.or whatever their record was, they are in a MUCH TOUGHER league than NU......they prob wish we were not having a tune up game against Maine either, but this folks will be a damn tough game for us to win....win this one and it will be a test that should give the Huskers confidence to carry them on, but do not be surprised at a loss, although i hope i am wrong...

hunter

I suggest you tell Va Tech, BC and Florida State how weak they are. Not to mention every other team they played besides Miami.

I would guess if we were playing at Wake Forest they would be favored. I will bet you today that they cover the point spread. I have no idea what it will be, but they will be in this game to very end. Most here would predict a two or three touchdown victory. I doubt it will be more than 2 or 3 points and won in the final minutes of the game. Just the way they lost all of their games last year except for Miami. Take off the Husker glasses.

As Hunter says, this is the watershed game for this program this year. It reminds very much of the Texas Tech game. No respect. We are Nebraska. Trust me they are headed in here thinking and planning on winning. They are not the least bit afraid of Nebraska nor their tradition. They feel they play at least 7 teams a year that are better. Most likely they are correct for last year. We will see how good we are going to be in that game.

We are Nebraska. Trust me they are headed in here thinking and planning on winning. They are not the least bit afraid of Nebraska nor their tradition. They feel they play at least 7 teams a year that are better. Most likely they are correct for last year. We will see how good we are going to be in that game.

WE ARE NEBRASKA! We need that back! We need teams coming in here knowing they're gonna get the $*#@ knocked out of them. I believe this game will be close as well, but DAMN it will be nice to hang about 40 on these guys and have them leave Memorial Stadium with their tails between their legs, and do the same thing to Pitt the following week. I truly believe IF this offense is run like it should and our defense can fly around the ball and cause some turnovers that this could turn ugly for Wake. Both teams have questions, but we have the greatest fans in the world that are gonna make it a bit more difficult for Wake to do what they want.

• 3 weeks later...

Wf game will be picked up on TBS for a night game

2005 Nebraska Football Schedule

Sept. 3 Maine 6 p.m.

Sept. 10 Wake Forest 6 p.m. (TBS)

Sept. 17 Pittsburgh 2:30 p.m. (ABC)

Oct. 1 Iowa State TBA

Oct. 8 Texas Tech TBA

Oct. 15 at Baylor TBA

Oct. 22 at Missouri TBA

Oct. 29 Oklahoma TBA

Nov. 5 at Kansas TBA