Much youth on this board!

That only know of UT and OU winning. They fail to realize that Osborne's teams were not winners because of top 10 recruiting classes like the teams are built today. His teams beat many recruiting gurus like CU, UF and Tennessee. The old NU ran a SYSTEM and recruited to fit that system. They didn't just recruit folks because others recruited them.

Ok, I'll bite. I don't necessarily consider myself old or young, I am 29. However, those that look back in awe of the glory years only like to thing that the Huskers built up the empire with a roster that consisted solely of walk-on beefeaters from Smalltown, Nebraska. Osborne had some of the best recruiting classes in the country. Between 93 and 98, I think all classes were rated no lower than 12th. The 1985 class with Steve Taylor and Sandman was a consensus #1 class. What about the class with Turner Gill? It's this head in the clouds infatuation with the 80s and 90s that is annoying.

That is no where near USC's top 3 classes every year under Carroll! Those classes were also not consensus, meaning agreed upon by more than one recruiting guru. Gill played on NU teams that passed more than the 90s teams and USC has 3-5 deep top 5 ranked HS QBs. For NU to get Frazier was a steal, since they didn't have the market cornered on option QBs like SC has on pro-style QBs. Sanchez, #1, Corp #4, Mustain, #1, Barkley #1... Where were the two backups to #15 ranked in the recruiting rankings?

Perhaps, but you are missing the big point here....

USC sucks and I hate them...have always hated them...and will always hate them. So no matter what USC does or how their recruiting classes rank, blah blah blah...the bottom line is they suck. :angry:

Carry on....

If you hate them so much, why do you have them in your sig?.. <_<

Haha! Well played. I spilled coffee over that.

That only know of UT and OU winning. They fail to realize that Osborne's teams were not winners because of top 10 recruiting classes like the teams are built today. His teams beat many recruiting gurus like CU, UF and Tennessee. The old NU ran a SYSTEM and recruited to fit that system. They didn't just recruit folks because others recruited them.

Ok, I'll bite. I don't necessarily consider myself old or young, I am 29. However, those that look back in awe of the glory years only like to thing that the Huskers built up the empire with a roster that consisted solely of walk-on beefeaters from Smalltown, Nebraska. Osborne had some of the best recruiting classes in the country. Between 93 and 98, I think all classes were rated no lower than 12th. The 1985 class with Steve Taylor and Sandman was a consensus #1 class. What about the class with Turner Gill? It's this head in the clouds infatuation with the 80s and 90s that is annoying.

That is no where near USC's top 3 classes every year under Carroll! Those classes were also not consensus, meaning agreed upon by more than one recruiting guru. Gill played on NU teams that passed more than the 90s teams and USC has 3-5 deep top 5 ranked HS QBs. For NU to get Frazier was a steal, since they didn't have the market cornered on option QBs like SC has on pro-style QBs. Sanchez, #1, Corp #4, Mustain, #1, Barkley #1... Where were the two backups to #15 ranked in the recruiting rankings?

USC sucks and I hate them...have always hated them...and will always hate them. So no matter what USC does or how their recruiting classes rank, blah blah blah...the bottom line is they suck. :angry:

Carry on....

You should all be ashamed of yourselves...making fun of the physically handicapped. I bet on slow days you go out and kick walkers out from under old people.... <_<

Carry on....

You should all be ashamed of yourselves...making fun of the physically handicapped. I bet on slow days you go out and kick walkers out from under old people.... <_<

Hey, it worked for the Prez. :laughpound

Obama Likens His Bowling Game to Special Olympics

Carry on....

I steal the walkers and leave them standing there, then I sell the walkers on ebay.com.

Like I said in the other thread, the class that started it all in the 90's was ranked in the 20's, but Osborne had some very highly ranked classes. The 1995 and 1996 classes were ranked as high as #2 and #3 in the country. We recruited alot more than just system players, we went after the best talent in the country. The same players all the other big boys at the time went after.

You really need to do some research on Husker recruiting. You don't think Tommie Frasier was recruited by the big boys?

The only other big name program to recruit Frazier as a QB was Notre Dumb. Who knows how this will all play out, but we have a QB on our roster right now that could be said to be recruited by the big boys as well but chose NU. Why did Green choose NU? Because we are going to play him at QB. It's the same thing with the recruiting of Frazier. This recruiting banter is just that. Some people claim we need to have perennial top 10's in order to become a top 10 contender. Then, there are those who point out that TO had recruiting classes in the 20's win 3 NC's in 4 years. No matter how you slice it, it all comes down to recruiting to fit your needs. If games were won and lost due to recruiting and talent, then we'd probably not have one single NC trophy in the old trophy case, the New York Yankees would win every single year, etc.

Frazier coming to NU was big new. Green committing and coming to NU is big news as well. As far as I'm concerned their situations are very similar as both were/are athletically gifted enough to be sought after by the big boys, and both chose to come to NU because we're playing them at QB. TO's top classes of 95' and 96' were either riding the pine as redshirt freshmen, or they were redshirting during the 97's NC. So, his #2 and #3 classes didn't win a NC. While the schools that recruit the best will typically be in the top 20, there's nothing saying that schools who rank in the 20's for recruiting won't win NC's.