DE Neiron Ball

Clemson is the frontrunner.

Yep. Georgia is not far behind apparently:

Clemson early favorite for DE/OLB Ball

Posted by JC Shurtburtt

Defensive end/outside linebacker Neiron Ball (Jackson, Ga./Jackson) says that Clemson is a slight leader ahead of Georgia, where his brother Neland plays, at this time. Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Nebraska and others have offered the 6-foot-4, 210-pounder.

Ball visited Clemson for junior day and said he liked that the Tigers treated him like family and that he felt comfortable there. He also visited Tennessee for a junior day and praised the Vols' academic support structure. Florida has not offered but is just behind Clemson and Georgia. He said that he liked the idea of playing in The Swamp.

Ball added that he was not close to making a commitment.

"I want to go someplace with strong academics," he said. "I also want to play for a fun coaching staff. I may make my decision in the middle of my season. I am going to wait it out and see who all offers."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

per ESPN: Defensive end Neiron Ball (Jackson, Ga./Jackson) holds offers from most of the Southeast and his brother Neland Ball plays for Georgia. But as things stand right now, it appears that the younger ball may want to suit up across state lines.

Neiron recently visited Florida unofficially and several at Sunday's event that were familiar with his recruitment said that it looked like the Gators were strongly in the driver's seat.

Ball did nothing to dispel the notion, acknowledging that Florida is in the lead.

"I like all the facilities and the coaches down there," Ball said. "My recruiter (UF running backs coach) Kenny Carter is cool. He's always excited about things and I like that."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Highly-recruited defensive end Neiron Ball chooses the Gators

Florida has landed a Class of 2010 commitment from Neiron Ball, a 6-foot-4, 210-pound defensive end / outside linebacker from Jackson, Ga.

Ball was offered by such major powers as Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. Among many others were Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse and Central Florida.

As a junior, he was credited with 104 tackles, 35 for loss, and 19 sacks.

The Gators now have 17 pledges, including 10 ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects.

Highly-recruited defensive end Neiron Ball chooses the Gators

Florida has landed a Class of 2010 commitment from Neiron Ball, a 6-foot-4, 210-pound defensive end / outside linebacker from Jackson, Ga.

Ball was offered by such major powers as Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. Among many others were Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse and Central Florida.

As a junior, he was credited with 104 tackles, 35 for loss, and 19 sacks.

The Gators now have 17 pledges, including 10 ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects.

The truth hurts...

Can't wait until we are seen as a major power again....

Lets face facts, did we always get the high profile players????????????? NO...... We had great coaches and coaches that could develop and identity talent.. We do have that in BO also, look at the players they are identifying early, eventually it will pay off