Sporting News Pick ISU to Win Big XII North

Twice in a row, this has to be a record. I agree with FF here. Iowa State has a good team, we have them at home and that will help. I don't think we get by Colorado at Boulder, but will have a better idea after the first couple of games. Way to early to even think about Colorado at this point. If Pinkel lets Smith run they will be a much better team than last year. He is doing what BC did last year also. Setting the program up for recruiting its needs. We will know what they are up to long before we play them though. They seem to give us fits at Columbia, I will be there this year so I am really looking forward to that game.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of flying under the radar. And I agree we do not deserve respect at this time. I have no problem with their selection. But that is why we play the games. I think we have a shot at the North. But we will have some very tough games. I only see Baylor and Maine as for sure wins. The rest could go either way. If our QB plays like he showed in the spring game in real game situations then we will be much better. Still have no real idea of how good he is or where the team is at. After Pitt we will have a real idea.