Anyone ever had..............

So I've been sick since Thursday night and it got pretty bad on Friday night, but my symptoms have went away besides one pain in the a$$ one, literally! Has anyone ever had gastrointestinal infection before? I've been taking Immodium AD likes it going out of style and this is getting old!

Yes, and it is not fun especially the cramping and the obvious diarrhea.

Did you get food poisoning or is it a viral infection of some sort?

It's a viral infection as I've had it too long to be food poisioning. I swear it feels like pure evil every morning as soon as I get out of bed. Doctor told me there was nothing she could do unless I went past 10 days with diarrhea and then she would want a "sample" Really!? That's fun, so how do we do this? Do you hold out your hand or do I ruin the wife's good tupperware?! She told me to not eat anything too heavy as I've been trying to force food down my throat since I had like nothing to eat since Thursday night. Should've listened to her as I forced a sandwich down and now my stomach is killing me. Looks like chicken noodle soup for me for the next 3 or 4 days. YAY! :angry: Lost 6 pounds so far, this is a super diet. :steam

It's a viral infection as I've had it too long to be food poisioning. I swear it feels like pure evil every morning as soon as I get out of bed. Doctor told me there was nothing she could do unless I went past 10 days with diarrhea and then she would want a "sample" Really!? That's fun, so how do we do this? Do you hold out your hand or do I ruin the wife's good tupperware?! She told me to not eat anything too heavy as I've been trying to force food down my throat since I had like nothing to eat since Thursday night. Should've listened to her as I forced a sandwich down and now my stomach is killing me. Looks like chicken noodle soup for me for the next 3 or 4 days. YAY! :angry: Lost 6 pounds so far, this is a super diet. :steam

Just avoid anything with dairy products and sugar in it. Soft vegetables and fruits with potassium is good, but usually about the only thing I could eat was chicken broth. Even though you may be dehydrated, avoid Gatorade or any other sports drinks because they contain tons of sugar. Pretty much all you can do is wait it out. It took me about a week to get rid of the sh!ts, but you will experience some after effects (occasional cramping) for another week after.

Ask the Doc for a specimen dish (it fits over the toilet) if it comes to that, but hopefully it won't.

Just avoid anything with dairy products and sugar in it. Soft vegetables and fruits with potassium is good, but usually about the only thing I could eat was chicken broth. Even though you may be dehydrated, avoid Gatorade or any other sports drinks because they contain tons of sugar. Pretty much all you can do is wait it out. It took me about a week to get rid of the sh!ts, but you will experience some after effects (occasional cramping) for another week after.

Ask the Doc for a specimen dish (it fits over the toilet) if it comes to that, but hopefully it won't.

I had to laugh at your avoid the dairy products comment. My wife was just telling me the other morning to not have a bowl of cereal with milk. I told her to be quiet and if I wanted milk I was going to have milk! Needless to say she was shaking her head at me about an hour or less later. I was pissed that she was right............ <_<

dont know why this sound right but, our vet told us to give our dog yogurt in her dog food when she got the sh#ts really bad.

vet said because the dog sh#t out all of the "good" bacteria that her stomach needed to help digest the food, so we added yogurt and everything worked out great for the dog.

i am not a dr and i did not stay at a Holiday Inn express last night, but hell if it is good for a dog, i think it makes sense for a human to give it a try.

it might even work for a cop

dont know why this sound right but, our vet told us to give our dog yogurt in her dog food when she got the sh#ts really bad.

vet said because the dog sh#t out all of the "good" bacteria that her stomach needed to help digest the food, so we added yogurt and everything worked out great for the dog.

i am not a dr and i did not stay at a Holiday Inn express last night, but hell if it is good for a dog, i think it makes sense for a human to give it a try.

:clap:clap Nice!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Go f*&k yourself! :lol:

Actually Rob is on to something there. It doesn't have much in the way of lactose in it. The cultures from the yogurt might do good because the virus has messed up the natural bacteria in your intestines making you lactose intolerant, but unsweetened unflavored yogurt only.

Other foods you might try if you're up to it are bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.

Actually Rob is on to something there. It doesn't have much in the way of lactose in it. The cultures from the yogurt might do good because the virus has messed up the natural bacteria in your intestines making you lactose intolerant, but unsweetened unflavored yogurt only.

Other foods you might try if you're up to it are bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.

Yeah, I know he's probably on to something, I'm just not going to give him the satisfaction, j/k rob. I feel alot better today, but I'm still watching what I eat and I have had no symptoms so far today. ****crosses fingers****