Anybody getting this game on May 19th?

I downloaded the demo the day it came out and I am pretty impressed with this game. The only thing that I had a problem with was the submissions. I could submit Chuck on beginner but once I went to experienced I couldn't submit him at all. I finally pulled off 5 submissions on experienced so now my submission game has improved.

This is how I submit Chuck on experience. I don't rotate the analog stick because for me it never worked even on beginner and I'm not going to spin the stick like a maniac and cause a blister on the palm of my hand. What I did was I held down both the L1 and L2 with the index and middle finger of my left hand and had the right index finger covering the square and X while the middle finger held down the triangle and circle. I repeatedly hit down the circle, triangle, X, and square with both fingers while holding down the L1 and L2 buttons and submitted Chuck on experienced everytime after wearing him down of course.

Can't wait to fight as Andrei Arlovski on May 19th!!!!

Ya I can knock them out on all different difficulties. But the submissions is a whole new ball game. I've done submissions on experienced and now tonight I'll work on submissions on the Advanced difficulty.

I thought about getting the MLB 09 The Show baseball game yesterday too.....but I'll wait on that one.

Just realized my PS3 will be back from the repair shop in time for this game to come out. I hadn't really considered getting it until I read this thread, the previews on IGN, and watched some of the videos. Looks like it will be a good buy. Plus the roster is ENORMOUS!

I got the game today. I've played some classic fights and started a career mode. The career mode is pretty fun but after and hour or so it keeps kindof boring. I refuse to play online because people use those stupid turbo controllers and it takes away the competition.

I wish on career mode you could play as any player except for your created fighter.

What's boring about career mode? Does it take forever to build up stats?

From what I saw on the IGN Boards, the turbo controllers supposedly don't work online. Either way, if you're looking for people that play straight up, there are a ton of threads over there with lists of gamertags looking for legit competition.

Ok, I officially suck. I got KO'ed in my first UFC match (2:12, 3rd Rd). I forget to keep my guard up. I really thought I was working the guy pretty well. I was countering just about everything he threw at me and was working him well with the ground and pound. But leaving my hands down f'ed me in the end.

The create-a-fighter is really limited. There's only like 10 nicknames at the most? That's weak sauce. I think I'm going to like the fact that you can't just be the best fighter right away and actually have to work at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have played it at a friends the last couple of days. Very good game if you ask me. We tried about every weight class...once we got to heavyweights I took Lesnar and he chose some shmuck...sh#t you not, he tried a running kick first thing so I blocked that gave him a left hook from hell and it was a 1 punch 8 second knockout. That was pretty funny to see.