Old School Husker Power - 245 FB is a wrecking machine!

Well the Guru of modern day Strength and Conditioning Programs, and the father of Husker Power, Boyd Epley would disagree with you.
Q: What is another problem you see in regard to strength and conditioning?

Epley: “We've focused on 40-yard dash all these years. Actually, 10-yard dash is much more important in identifying talent. Coaches are just hung up on what they've always done. If you don't beat an athlete in the first few steps, it doesn't matter what your 40 time is."

Omaha World Herald - Q & A with Boyd Epley: 'Tailor athletes' training'

I agree 100% with Boyd about the importance of those 1st 10 yards.

However, is being great at a ten yard dash any good if you can't sustain that speed for 30-50 yards?

I dunno, it seems to me that in a situation where a RB is racing down the sideline towards the endzone, a LB or DB's 40 time would certainly come into play because they're trying to catch him from behind.

Like I said, the 40 has been over-hyped...but it ain't meaningless either.

I think it's nearly meaningless. Make them run it in pads with a ball in their hands and it might be a bit more relevant. It's amazing how much slower some players become when on the field versus on the track.

WOW

He's sure keeping his option open :LOLtartar

Great find!

Gawd I really do love the internet! It's such a great, and most of the time free, tool to use in shameless self-promotion.

I watched the first 1:25 seconds of this video and this kid isn't even close to being a legitimate D-1A running back prospect.

* He's way too slow, almost to the point of lumbering.

* He has no wiggle, shiftiness or shake.

* He has good power at the high school level but he'd get owned at the college level.

I serious think that if this kid wants to play college football his future is along the offensive line at center or guard. And even then he'd be lucky to play at the NCAA D-1AA, or FCS, level.

iamhuge, I'd start looking at colleges in the NAIA level if you seriously want to play ball in college.

Either that, or walk-on some place and prove you belong because based on what I saw, it's rather doubtful any sane coach at a BCS school will offer you a scholarship. Good luck to you though.

WOW

He's sure keeping his option open :LOLtartar

Oh my. That's a little pathetic. Who do you think iamhuge is? Parent? The kid himself? Coach?

Cannot hate the kid for trying any way possible to get his name out there.

Although it would have been insanely easier to get a list of emails of college coaches and email them the video than it would be signing up for countless message boards. :)