Wife about gave me a heart attack today!

So last night my wife was complaining that her back was starting to hurt a little bit and it was kinda the same feeling that she got when she had a kidney stone. I told her to drink some more water and just keep an eye on it as she is just over 26 weeks pregnant. So I go to the gym today and I don't take my cell phone for the first time in like forever. Well she decided that she was going to have preterm contractions today starting at 10:30am. I get home at like 12:15..............

I come home from the gym and there are strangers inside my garage, but my father in law is in the driveway as well. I get out like, "I'm going to kill a m-fer!" My father in law says she's not good and I of course run inside the house to find my wife on the couch curled up in a ball. I yell at my father in law like he's a bi&ch and ask him why in gods name isn't she at the emergency room!? He says it's because she called the doctor and they set an appointment up at 1:00pm and it wouldn't do us any good to go to the emergency room. So we get a call at 12:30 from the doctor's office and they tell us that the doctor we are supposed to see got called out to an emergency and that we needed to go to the westside clinic. My wife asks them if they are going to be able to do anything for her pain there and the dumb bi&ch on the other end says, "Oh yeah, no problem."

WRONG!!!! I drive 30 minutes to the other side of town, sit in the doctor's office from 40 minutes and then the doctor there says there is nothing he can do and we need to go to the hospital where our first appointment was supposed to be at. Long story short they got the contractions stopped, thank god, and I chewed a few people's a$$es out at the first doctor's office for giving us bad information. My wife went through 1 hour and 45 minutes of pain that she didn't need to go through all because some dumb bi&ch on the other line just spurted out some information that wasn't true like it was no big deal.

sorry to hear about that BRI....

my grandpa just went through a similar situation (not contractions obviously, but poor Dr. information). He cut part of his finger off in a power tool accident and after driving an hour and a half to the closest emergency room (they live in a rural area) the nursing staff said the doctor didn't want to come in and that they would have to come back the next day! I know my grandpa probably wasn't happy with the staff over that.

just remember BRI, your wife (and the baby) feeds off your emotions too. Although I would have done the same thing, don't let her see you get too heated because it could stress her out even more.

Hope things go smoothly for the rest of the pregnancy for you.

damn medical people. ..... .... .. . . . . hey wait a minute :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't believe things are going to improve in medicine and probably get worse. Between 8-10 hour waits in ER's, to uneducated macaroons giving out bad info over the phone to people makes for stress levels to skyrocket.

Sorry to hear about your troubles BRI. May you have clear sailing until that unforgettable day the babies arrive.

Take care &

GBR

Its sad that things like this happen. My wife and I had a situation a few years back and it was all I could do to keep from going beserk on the ER staff.

Glad to hear that all things worked out well. Stay cool BRI and pamper that lady of yours, you two are in our prayers everyday.

T_O_B

Thanks TO, we went back to the doctor today and he explained that her lack of water that day, coupled with the fact that her body thinks she's at 32 weeks right now is what caused this. He told us to be prepared for it to happen again over the next couple months as her body is confused since she has twins. I just hope she goes about 8 more weeks that would put us a month early and in a better situation than if she was 10 weeks early.