Mizzou steps its OOC schedule up a notch...

Washington was all ready taken. I mean we wanted the worst team in D-1, but you hogged them all to yourselves

When a team (Ill.) backs out leaving you to find a BCS replacement and 1 season to find them. And when your MU and would prefer a Big 10 team, your options are limited. Would I like to see something more. Yeah. But thats not how they do it. We cant all play the sun belt fall tour every year. ;)

Washington was all ready taken. I mean we wanted the worst team in D-1, but you hogged them all to yourselves

When a team (Ill.) backs out leaving you to find a BCS replacement and 1 season to find them. And when your MU and would prefer a Big 10 team, your options are limited. Would I like to see something more. Yeah. But thats not how they do it. We cant all play the sun belt fall tour every year. ;)

Scheduling OOC games is a crap shoot. You never know how a team will be playing 6-10 years from now. We scheduled Tennessee before the start of last year when they were supposed to be good and now look at them. Who knows what they'll be in 7 years.

To the original poster: Illinois kind of left Mizzou hanging. They pulled out of the game (for a decent reason in my book) and left Mizzou with nothing, so Mizzou had to scramble to find a HOME game to fill in. It's hard to find a decent oppenent to play you at home in a year.

Scheduling OOC games is a crap shoot. You never know how a team will be playing 6-10 years from now. We scheduled Tennessee before the start of last year when they were supposed to be good and now look at them. Who knows what they'll be in 7 years.

To the original poster: Illinois kind of left Mizzou hanging. They pulled out of the game (for a decent reason in my book) and left Mizzou with nothing, so Mizzou had to scramble to find a HOME game to fill in. It's hard to find a decent oppenent to play you at home in a year.

Aint that the truth. You gave a perfect example. Me and some MU buddies joked that when GP got to MU he pulled out of the Iowa series because, well Iowa was really good. He added Ill., because they sucked. Well wouldnt you know it by the time that series rolled around Iowa sucked and Ill was getting ready to be decent. We droped a Rose Bowl team to pick up a ..... Rose Bowl team. LOL

:hellloooo

Shouldn't this thread be in the Big 12 forum?

I mean honestly how difficult is it to post topics to the correct forum? If the subject matter pertains to Nebraska it goes in this forum.

If it's about another Big 12 team then it goes into the Big 12 forum.

If it's about another team from another conference it should go in the NCAA forum.

Is it really that difficult?

:rant

(I'll go crawl back under my rock now.)

I mean honestly how difficult is it to post topics to the correct forum? If the subject matter pertains to Nebraska it goes in this forum.

If it's about another team from another conference it should go in the NCAA forum.

:o

Well Jen you and I both know that anytime it involves MU somebody (ussually a new poster) has to try and make them look bad and make it front page news on Huskerboard.

"HEY EVERYBODY!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!!! MU had to find a team to go to Columbia on short notice and they got Indiana. They Suck. MU Sucks!! HAHA Look at how bad MU is!! Lets all laugh at them. LOL!!! "

That pretty much covers it <_<

:lol:

You should of tried to get Minnesota - you would have been able to score 70-80 points on them because their DC is . . . . . .

clueless!

Quick call the Admin police :cop:

Miss Johnson, Miss Johnson! You forgot to assign homework tonight! Remember to hand out the homwork assignment!

Well Jen you and I both know that anytime it involves MU somebody (ussually a new poster) has to try and make them look bad and make it front page news on Huskerboard.

"HEY EVERYBODY!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!!! MU had to find a team to go to Columbia on short notice and they got Indiana. They Suck. MU Sucks!! HAHA Look at how bad MU is!! Lets all laugh at them. LOL!!! "

That pretty much covers it <_<

:lol:

isn't that the truth though? :box

That's why you go off historical records. When a school schedules a team like La Tech, they are looking for an easy win. Sure, things could line up for any program by the time the game is actually played 5 or 6 years later. But odds are that isn’t going to happen to a team like La Tech.

On the other hand, you can’t guarantee that a program like Ohio State will be good in 5-6 years. They might have some tough breaks or a coaching change. But unless something major like that changes, odds are they are going to be a solid top 10 team.

Looking at a program like Indiana, what have they ever done in football to make one believe they will be a good program when this game is played. Washington on the other hand isn’t very good right now, but they have a history of putting up some good teams. Udub will turn it around some day. Weather or not that day will come by the time we play them, who knows. But it wouldn’t surprise me.

You’re right you can never predict exactly how an ooc schedule will shake out. But the difference in mindset between scheduling an Indiana vs. a Tennessee is night and day imo.

double