CU Poised to Improve, per Sporting News

3. Colorado Buffaloes, plus-+4

2008: 5-7

2009: 9-4

Here's why: Dan Hawkins proclaimed the goal of 10 wins this fall, and this team isn't that far from it. As much as anything, the Buffs need to stay healthy on the offensive line and build some continuity and consistency. CU is much better on the interior lines than when Hawkins arrived three years ago. Losing speedy WR/KR Josh Smith last week hurts, but the emergence of uber-talented TB Darrell Scott gives the running game a pile-mover who will open up play-action for QB Cody Hawkins.

sporting news

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Hawky miss his 10 game guarantee by three games, and only win 7.

3. Colorado Buffaloes, plus-+4

2008: 5-7

2009: 9-4

Here's why: Dan Hawkins proclaimed the goal of 10 wins this fall, and this team isn't that far from it. As much as anything, the Buffs need to stay healthy on the offensive line and build some continuity and consistency. CU is much better on the interior lines than when Hawkins arrived three years ago. Losing speedy WR/KR Josh Smith last week hurts, but the emergence of uber-talented TB Darrell Scott gives the running game a pile-mover who will open up play-action for QB Cody Hawkins.

sporting news

uber what? When did he emerge? They must have reviewed an old high school film because that dude did exactly nothing last year.

As for Hawkin's passing... <_<:dunno<_<

• 2 weeks later...

He was talking about winning the Big 12 the other day too. That thin mountain air must really effect the mind

Why not? Is there some new rule that only certain teams can aspire to win the Big 12? I know that Texas and Oklahoma have run rampant over everyone else but why cannot other teams in the conference believe they have a shot at winning it?