Missouri Football 2007-2008: "The Blind Squirrel Years"

25 years is a long time and cant be overlooked. Nebraska went on a hell of a run. However it really annoys me anytime somebody uses the "our worst years vs your best" excuse for Nebraska's recent losses. WHAT the hell do you think you did to us. MU's bad coaching decisions and regents decisions pushed MU in to a 25 year funk. OUR worst years ever. That just happened to be NU's best years ever. .....Wait, I like that excuse. I will use that from now on to wipe out the meaning of those victories for Nebraska ;) "yeah you beat us for 25 straight years, so what. those were our worst years ever and your best, now that were back on track..." Yeah....I like that sound of that. :lol:

But on a serious note, previous to that MU gave nebraska games on a regular basis and the history was pretty even. Infact those 25 wins are the difference in the teams all time VS record. Since 03 its been pretty much even, a little favor to MU, but not much. And if I remember correctly, with the exception of Oklahoma, MU has the best record against NU for the old big 8 schools. Personally I don't like being grouped with those other teams when it comes to facing Nebraska. Its an insult for you to say MU is just like KU, KSU, OSU and so on.

P.S. And we beat some of your better teams as well. MU didnt need BC's help. ;):lol:

NU vs OSU = 36-5-1 85.71 win pct.

NU vs KSU = 75-15-3 80.64 win pct.

NU vs KU = 86-18-3 80.37 win pct.

NU vs TT = 7-3-0 70.00 win pct.

NU vs CU = 46-18-2 69.69 win pct.

NU vs MU = 58-33-3 61.70 win pct.

25 years is a long time and cant be overlooked. Nebraska went on a hell of a run. However it really annoys me anytime somebody uses the "our worst years vs your best" excuse for Nebraska's recent losses. WHAT the hell do you think you did to us. MU's bad coaching decisions and regents decisions pushed MU in to a 25 year funk. OUR worst years ever. That just happened to be NU's best years ever. .....Wait, I like that excuse. I will use that from now on to wipe out the meaning of those victories for Nebraska ;) "yeah you beat us for 25 straight years, so what. those were our worst years ever and your best, now that were back on track..." Yeah....I like that sound of that. :lol:

But on a serious note, previous to that MU gave nebraska games on a regular basis and the history was pretty even. Infact those 25 wins are the difference in the teams all time VS record. Since 03 its been pretty much even, a little favor to MU, but not much. And if I remember correctly, with the exception of Oklahoma, MU has the best record against NU for the old big 8 schools. Personally I don't like being grouped with those other teams when it comes to facing Nebraska. Its an insult for you to say MU is just like KU, KSU, OSU and so on.

P.S. And we beat some of your better teams as well. MU didnt need BC's help. ;):lol:

I for one remember Mizzou always being a tough game, one that we always won but tough. Heck all you have to do is look at the '97 game and get a sense of what Mizzou was like for NU, that game sums up the history of the series until 2003 nicely. I think many from my parent's generation, I know my Dad still compains about it, remember the '78 loss to MU. TO was coming off of his first win vs. Barry Switzer in 6 tries. MU came in the week after and handed NU a stunner. There were a fair number of blow outs over MU in TO's run, but more often than not it seemed that MU wouldn't go down without a serious fight.

So Fro, you want to compare a five year drought that you came out with a small edge to 25 years of beating Mizzou? I really don't know if you are joking or what. It just seems pretty odd to compare "Mizzou had the worst 25 years of your schools history and the worst 5 years in NU's history". If you have a "worst 25 years", that probably means you by far weren't on the same level as NU. We did without a doubt have the worst 3 years in NU history and you beat us, two of those years with arguably your best teams ever. The reason I hate Mizzou, which took out Notre Dame for my most hated team, is bc they had two above average years and all of the sudden they think they are the greatest team in the nation. Your rivals editors having a caption saying "We have arrived". Since when did winning a down big 12 north and not going to a bcs game mean you have arrived. Hell didn't Cinnci go to a bcs bowl last year? I guess they have arrived as a national power too? I'm not tearing down their accomplishments bc they did whoop us two years in a row, but again looking at it, was it that big of an accomplishment?

I was joking, thats why there are little guys winking and laughing.

Any way the BCS is a sore subject. Would you say the say thing if MU had not been screwed by the BCS, as everyone in the nation knew they were and they went on to crush VT who was #3 and win the orange bowl?? You smack talk about the BCS like there was something MU could have done. they were 15 mins from the NC game. Failed redzone attempts against a good team ended that and they got screwed. The BCS is treaky. MU is jumped by two teams they beat on neutral fields and they get left out. In 2001 NU made it on name and got smashed in a game they neither desirved or showed up for. So does that mean 01 was a great season for Nebraska. Backing into a game everyone know they should not have got and then preceding to get smashed? Or how about Ill. from 2 years ago got beat by MU, backing into the rose bowl with 4 losses and getting crushed by USC. Does that mean they were better than MU? A team with 2 losses who they lost to on a neutral field? Just because they got the BCS game and MU got the Cotton Bowl? (And waxed a ranked team in Arkansas)

So is your hatred directed at Gabe DeArmond of powermizzou or the Missouri Tigers?? Cause I havent seen anything in my time on earth that came from MU that was a proclamation of arrival. The last few years have been good but not great and everything the team/players/coach said backed that. Always more to do, more to accomplish. If your beef is with a writeR on the Rivals network then thats one thing. If you hate a team based off the slanted catering writing style of a rivals writer, then you must hate every team. BTW- IMHO H.I. is the most over the top cheerleading board i have ever seen. Every recruit is Nebraska bound, every game a win. Nebraksa is the greatest at everyting. I dont hate you or your team because of it.

Again with the knocks on winning the North. "since when did winning the down north mean anything." I dont know...how about when winning or competing for the Big 8 started meaning something even though it was a 2 team league for nearly 30 years. Not because OU and Nebraksa were so great, but because the rest of the conference sucked so bad for so long. Could that explain the lack of big wins and bowl failures against great teams for Nebraska for 25 years?

See the thing is Mu and NU are no where near eachother. I never claimed it. And I'm okay with that. Most fans for Mu are too. Yes there are bad fans from my team and run their mouths. TRUST me Nebraska has quite a few as well, just as everyone else does. The difference between me and other fans, especially the likes of Nebraska fans is you feel the need to try and remind me about how my team sucks. How they have acomplished nothing and how yours, historically is better.

My post was just saying this "look Mu is clearly better against Nebraska then any of these other team you tried to insult us with." We have done much better than those others. Nothing more, nothing less.

Until the next "put Mu back where they belong" post.....

:restore

Oh and a quick answer to your last question. Has MU "arrived" no. Is a #4 finish and a 12 win season something to be proud of, yes. Winning double digit games in back to back seasons, yes. See if you think about it and go back to before Devaney, when Nebraksa was just Nebraska. I bet you/your parents/grandparents (dont know your age) were watching NU football I bet they got excited when those teams started winning as well. You were no where near ND's level back then. Over the 25 seasons before Devaney, Nebraska had 5 season where they went better than .500. In comparison, MU's 25 years between wins against Nebraksa they had 6 seasons better than .500. So I am excited about what my team has done the last 6 years, yeah. I am excited about the future, yeah. Do I think we are Nebraksa today, No way in H.E. double hockey sticks. :)

anyway no hard feeling huskers1 :thumbs

P.S. I am kinda a smart arse so dont take my sarcasm to seriously. :)

Whatever makes you happy I guess.

But on a serious note, previous to that MU gave nebraska games on a regular basis and the history was pretty even. Infact those 25 wins are the difference in the teams all time VS record. Since 03 its been pretty much even, a little favor to MU, but not much.

Since 03 quite a few teams have played Nebraska even or better. See some of the schools that I grouped Missouri with..oh wait, let me read below.....

And if I remember correctly, with the exception of Oklahoma, MU has the best record against NU for the old big 8 schools. Personally I don't like being grouped with those other teams when it comes to facing Nebraska. Its an insult for you to say MU is just like KU, KSU, OSU and so on.

My sincere apologies. I did not realize that winning 15 more games over a span of 28 more than Colorado made you so superior to them.

<<You know Fro, I really do not understand some of my fellow Nebraska fans obsession with Missouri either.>>

I have to completely agree with Jen here. To me, Missouri is just like Kansas, Colorado, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech. We dominated them in the Big 8/Early Big 12 era -- at there team's best years they were able to knock us off in our worst years -- and when we get back on track, they will soon go back to being the invisible teams in the conference.

We beg to differ. Do not disagree you will likely come back, do not disagree that you may have the edge, do disagree that this means we will go back to sucking.... We may eventually even surpass you, so may Mizzou (ugh). Not saying we will, but we could. We need mangino to not die of a heart attack. Missouri, well, they need to move to a better, less inbred, state.

Jayhawk, I completely agree that one really can't speculate what's going to happen. I never thought the Dark Ages of Nebraska would arrive, but they did. I of course, hope for the days where Nebraska can look at Missouri and Kansas as just another team we roll over on the way to the national championship.