Texas Tech Game

Being from Chicago, I was naturally intrigued to find that a Chicago style restaurant existed in Lincoln, so I visited, and man was that a mistake. Dont buy into the propaganda gentleman. Chicago is known as one of the best culinary cities in the world, and we have great food. Old Chicago is a joke, and unless the sauce is on top and the pizza is three inches thick, it aint chicago style pizza. If anyone is ever in Chicago, contact me and I will show you some real chicago food.

I can't believe I missed this thread, but if you want real pizza, you don't o to Chicago. That pizza is awful, it's like four inches thick and full of dough, I could make that at home.

Come with me and hit Ralph's Pizzeria in East Rutherford for an Italian sub, Nino's in Carlstadt, Park Tavern in Rutherford (also home of the best mussels you'll ever have), if your down the shore in Belmar, you have to go to the boardwalk for a slice the size of your head, down at seaside for a Midway Cheesesteak, like a roast beef sub hit Clamenta's in So. Hackensack or even better Fieories in Hoboken(on fourth and Adams, they also make there own Mutz, this place is a classic, old men in the back blabbing about anything and then they return to their front stups and talk some more over a game of checkers.

There's no better food than NY and NJ

Stuckin, have you ever been to a really nice steakhouse in Des Plaines...can't remember the name of it...Rams Horn or something similar...went there once, had one of the best steaks I've ever had outside of Nebraska...It was the night of the Eric Crouch pass play to beat OU in 2000...Wish I could think of the name!

Its the black ram and is about two minutes from my house. They are really good, but if you want the best steak in chicago, I recommend Bistro 110 downtown off of North Michigan. They are my favorite. If you are ever around in Chicago again and near des plaines, tell me so we can meet up and talk huskers... maybe at the Black Ram :thumbs:thumbs

Blasphemy Eric! Chicago style pizza is far superior to New York, and if yours was full of dough than you went to the wrong place. I would stack up Chicago, and New Orleans, and San Francisco for that matter, against New York for food any day of the week.

Bah Humbug!!! You go now!!! :lol:

San Francisco ...who much pork fried rice can one guy eat??

New Orleans..NY/NJ got seafood, besides that food is so spicy you can't taste it.

Chicago ..okay, but who the hell puts slices of tomatos and friggin pickles on a hot dog??? Give me a Sabretts anyday. Vienna comes in a distant second. It's not even worth an arguement when it comes to pizza. Rule one: You don't eat pizza with a fork. Fold it and bite.

When I lived in NE Val's, Misty's and others were TOO DIE FOR. In So Cal. lots of variety but some serious prices also. Ruth Chris's steaks were the best I have had since moving from NE. But at $280 for two people :wtf . I think no matter where you go there is good chow to be found.

Tastee's forever (with onion chips) :)

:horns2

GBR

When I lived in NE Val's, Misty's and others were TOO DIE FOR. In So Cal. lots of variety but some serious prices also. Ruth Chris's steaks were the best I have had since moving from NE. But at $280 for two people :wtf . I think no matter where you go there is good chow to be found.

Tastee's forever (with onion chips) :)

:horns2

GBR

Do you mean Valentino's???? Not even close. I just assume lick the bottom of my shoe. LaZarri's is the only place for a decent slice. But there prices are outrages.

I was at Misty's about 5 years ago and they had some of the best ribs I have ever had. The place was packed and the band and cheerleaders showed up prior to a Baylor game if I remember correctly. Not much into pizza so can not make a recommendation.

There's a Lazarri's about 14th and O. the pizza's good and it's a nice jumping off point before the bars. however, i would recommend Ali Baba's Gyros, that place is the perfect way to end a night.

Ali Baba's??? No Way!!

You must go next door to Gourmet Grill! George will hook you up with the best gyro you have ever had!! Order a Z Plate and you won't be disappointed!

The Gimp has spoken.