Which is better

After what happened last night while ordering UFC on PPV from Cableone, I've decided that I'm going to go the Satellite route and was wondering what you guys preferred. My parents have Dish Network and love it and my Uncle has DirecTV with the NFL Package.

If I got DirecTV it be because of the NFL Package, NFL Network, and I think it came with Versus. Those are the only three things I could find that Dish Network didn't provide.

Any help is much appreciated....thanks

Hi HJ. I've had Dish for the last couple years. Customer service has been more than accommodating the two or three times I've needed to call. I get both Versus and the NFL network but I suppose the do have different levels and packages. The one thing I would reccommend is to get Netflix rather than the movie channels.

T_O_B

:)

Thanks T_O_Bull. Whatever satellite provider that I get I'm for sure gonna stay away from the movie packages. I hardly watch HBO, Showtime, Cinemax because most of the movies they show on there I already own on Blu Ray.

I think that I'm leaning more towards Dish Network and I think the only reason that I would get DirecTv is because of the NFL package which the job I have I work weekends all the time. Ugh I need a job that has weekends off.

Thanks T_O_Bull. Whatever satellite provider that I get I'm for sure gonna stay away from the movie packages. I hardly watch HBO, Showtime, Cinemax because most of the movies they show on there I already own on Blu Ray.

I think that I'm leaning more towards Dish Network and I think the only reason that I would get DirecTv is because of the NFL package which the job I have I work weekends all the time. Ugh I need a job that has weekends off.

NFL network lets you get those 3 or 4 Thursday night NFL games and the bottom 2 Big 12 bowl games. Copper(?) and Houston(?)

Fire the Big 12 moron that signed that deal

After what happened last night while ordering UFC on PPV from Cableone, I've decided that I'm going to go the Satellite route and was wondering what you guys preferred. My parents have Dish Network and love it and my Uncle has DirecTV with the NFL Package.

If I got DirecTV it be because of the NFL Package, NFL Network, and I think it came with Versus. Those are the only three things I could find that Dish Network didn't provide.

Any help is much appreciated....thanks

You probably can't go wrong either way, but if the NFL is important to you...you'll want to go with Directv because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. Oh and for the network Versus, you'll have to buy the Sports Pack because it's one of those channels that isn't available in one of the regular programming packages

We started with Dish TV when my wife and I first moved back to OK in 2001 only because the house had the Dish hardware. It wasn't bad. But when we moved into a different house, we went with Direct Tv. They sucked! Customer service sucked. Reception sucked. Everything sucked. But we were stuck with em. At the end our contract, we asked if we could get the HD/DVR. They said "Sure! That'll be $299!" But if we were new customers, we could get it for free. We asked them a few times over the course of a year and a half and we got the same answer. Finally we called Direct TV and signed up with them. Complete with the HD/DVR. We call Dish and tell them to go to hell and they ask us why. We tell them why. Then they had the balls to tell us "you're such good customers, we'll give you the receiver for free!" My wife told them too late!!! Come get your sh#t! So far we've been happy with Direct. We get better reception and better programming. Every once in a while we lose reception but it's always when we have a storm.

You might already have your answer but I'll join in anyway. I've had both DirecTV and Dish over the last few years and IMO DirecTV is by far the best cable service available. They continuously upgrade and now even have ON-Demand like the cable companies. My roommates and I get the college basketball and football packages and they are well worth the money. We also get the NFL package which is great - they have 1 channel called the Red Zone Channel...meaning they switch to whatever game is in the red zone...wonderful!!