Props to Husker fans as best in the nation

From a blog written by aTm fans (the article is several months old). Funny B12 stuff throughout the blog. link

Best and Worst Fans in College Football

The Best

1. Nebraska – Cornhusker faithful are polite, knowledgable about the game of football, and supported a pretty darn good football team a decade and a half ago.

The Worst

3. Texas – Hardly any students bother to attend games. Local businesses buy most of the tickets creating an atmosphere where half of the fans aren’t really pulling for one team or the other.

10. Texas Tech – A school that is on the brink of shutting down due to accreditation issues, Texas Tech has fans that enjoy tearing the bleachers out of their stadium. “Wow, we won a game, let’s tear up our stadium.”

I respect Texas A&M for their sharing hatred of the Texas fanbase. :)

As for Texas Tech, your absolutely right, everytime they win a big they wanna tear something down in the stadium. Im surprised the entire Texan State Trooper department isnt out there with tear gas.

Just a quick question, have Nebraska fans ever stormed a field at Memorial stadium or torn down a goalpost? I know when we won a NC championship, it seemed everybody in state was storming the streets celebrating, but i dont think ive heard of us tearing up Memorial Stadium over a game.

Just a quick question, have Nebraska fans ever stormed a field at Memorial stadium or torn down a goalpost? I know when we won a NC championship, it seemed everybody in state was storming the streets celebrating, but i dont think ive heard of us tearing up Memorial Stadium over a game.

We've done it many, many times. Read this thread for more on storming the field:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34319

Yes we have. My wife and I were at the OU game in I think in 1982. Last minute of the game NU is up, fans are lined up all along the sidelines, OU turns over the ball close to the Husker endzone, and the fans rush the field. Result: 15 yd penalty, instead of ball on like the 5, its on the twenty and NU doesn't cover the spread. Damn. Then the goal posts go down too.

:bs:

Granted I am a transplanted Husker living in Austin, I don't think UT belongs on the list of the worst. I use to have to work the Football games and no for a fact that the students are there for the game. Granted they may not know the score due to their level of intoxication. I think the writer has let the rivalry taint his view.

As far as him saying Nebraskas' the Best... Tell us something we didn't know! :restore

My only gripe about "some" husker fans is mainly in the North stadium. I usually set about 23 rows from the field and around a lot of blue hairs. One guy actually yanked me down by my shirt when I stood up because a KU player was zipping down the other side of the field for a TD. He said "we don't do that here". Really pissed me off and i ask him politely never, ever, grab me again. That was the end of that and we have had conversations every time I've been there since, but that really just irritated me. Other than that, I really do enjoy my visits to memorial.

My only gripe about "some" husker fans is mainly in the North stadium. I usually set about 23 rows from the field and around a lot of blue hairs. One guy actually yanked me down by my shirt when I stood up because a KU player was zipping down the other side of the field for a TD. He said "we don't do that here". Really pissed me off and i ask him politely never, ever, grab me again. That was the end of that and we have had conversations every time I've been there since, but that really just irritated me. Other than that, I really do enjoy my visits to memorial.

Sorry about that. Dad gets that way sometimes. I'll talk to him.

Seriously, though - that does happen, and it's a constant gripe by many Husker fans as well. I hear it all the time, and it's not going to stop. Blue Hairs will be Blue Hairs.

Since I can't access the blog from work, is it safe for me to assume CU is #12 on that list?

Colorado isn't mentioned, oddly enough. It's a nation-wide thing, not just Big XII. Still, I don't know how you leave off a fan base with Colorado's track record....?

Yeah, how could CU *not* be on the list?? I would put CU at #3 and leave UT off the list. Since the blog is written by aTm fans they probably put UT on there to stick it to their instate rival.