I'm looking to put some wireless access in the house, since it doesn't look like I'm leaving anytime soon. We already have a desktop hooked up to a cable modem. Can I just buy a wireless router so that I have internet on the desktop and then wireless for a laptop and my ps3?

Here is what I have and its already a year old with no problems.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1197074537600

I have two PS3's hooked up to it via ethernet cord and both my roommate and myself can play online games and still browse the internet with our two laptops with no problems. I did have my PS3 running wireless with this unit but once I moved my PS3 downstairs I started losing the range and I'd get disconnected all the time. Once I hooked up wired I haven't had any problems with it but with the every so often disconnects but thats because its the game's fault (Socom: Confrontation for the PS3 servers are garbage and if you don't believe me go goggle it lol).

I went to Best Buy to find a really good wireless router so 2 PS3's and 2 laptops can browse with ease and the Geek Squad guy showed me this router and told me that he would recommend this router to his buddies.

I hope this works out for ya and best of luck.

Awesome! Thanks for all of your help guys!

No problem. Just let us know what you end up getting and how it works out for ya. I'm kind of curious to see what you end up getting.

I actually got the one you recommended. It works great! Plus, now I can buy a laptop if I want.

• 1 year later...

Bump. (Links are too old).

My old Linksys wireless keeps getting too hot and malfunctioning..I took it out of it's housing a month ago and have been setting my drinks on it to help cool it off and so far haven't gotten the slightest shock...Makes for a bumpy coaster, though.

My old Motorola Cable Modem seems too slow as well and I never had much luck hooking up to it directly.

I've been watching a few modem/router combinations on ebay but just read some negative reviews on some that were reccomended to me by a beautiful BestBuy salesgirl.

Any suggestions?