Hey guys Im a sophmore in high school and i play wide receiver. I attend a small school and have a chance start varsity this year, and i was wondering if you had any tips to make me better. I play catch everday, run, and practice routes, but i really want to impress coach. Thanks

Prowler, I'm not too far removed from the high school game...I graduated in 08. While I didn't play WR, I played QB, and I can tell you that during the summer months the best thing you can do is get reps with your QB. As far as conditioning goes, as long as you are consistently lifting and running, you should be fine. Along with running routes, you can do sideline drills (Practice catching the ball and staying in bounds). Lastly, I would recommend stretching a lot more. Flexibility will really help your game.

Hope that helps

My advice would be to always attack the football. Don't wait for it to come to you, or make a habit of catching with your body, always try to catch away from your body with your hands. This can help with dropped balls too, because we tend to take our eyes off the ball when you cradle it.

Other than that, just play aggressively off the line and go all out every play, and your coaches should take notice.

Hey thanks guys, yeah ive been lifting all summer and we just got done with camp. I got some reps with my qb and we seem to be on page. Ill try and get more reps in with him

It sounds like your eventual goal is to obtain a college football scholarship. If that's the case good luck!

What are your current measurables: height, weight, 40, 10, three and/or four cone times, bench, squat, vertical, etc?

Anywho, some other things I would recommend for you, especially if you do start, play and/or get quite a few passes thrown your way: 1) have someone make a highlight tape of you, 2) send that highlight tape to as many coaches and recruiting services as you can and 3) camp at as many schools as financially possible.

Much of football is mental. Don't get down on yourself if you make a mistake or miss a pass. Learn from it, and don't do it again. Keep emotion high, but under control.

Listen to the coach, enthusiastically do what is asked of you, be a team player.

Might sound old fashioned, but Terril Owens is a jerk.

Don't ask me how I know...

But don't spend the whole Summer lifting and running..And then spend the last weekend before two-a-days trying to amaze your friends by drinking a whole case of beer.

Oh yeah...Hand softener and sleeping with your football cradled in your arms wouldn't hurt.

Remember, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball. Opps, wrong sport, sorry.

Seriously, if you want to make an immediate impact, do what others won't, learn to block downfield, learn to tackle on special teams, cross train with other positions so you understand the whole of the game, but most of all, get in sync with your QB. Jus my 2cents for what it's worth.