Do we put too much emphasis on highly rated recruits?

When it comes to stars I like to use the Adrian Peterson / Ryan Perilloux example. Both were five star prospects coming out of high school. Both had oodles of potential. So what was the difference between the two? Work ethic and committment. Adrian Peterson, from everything I have heard, has an incredibly strong work ethic and does everything the right way, dare I say he does it the "Nebraska way." Ryan Perilloux on the other hand was lazy, a trouble maker and had a poor work ethic. One is in the NFL the other was booted off the team and is probably in jail right now.

I'm not a star gazer by any stretch but stars do matter...to a degree.

Just because Perrilloux doesn't have a strong work ethic, has gotten trouble in the past, and doesn't do it the "Nebraska Way" doesn't mean he is probably in jail. He is playing at Jacksonville State and will be a senior and most likely will be drafted next year.

When it comes to stars I like to use the Adrian Peterson / Ryan Perilloux example. Both were five star prospects coming out of high school. Both had oodles of potential. So what was the difference between the two? Work ethic and committment. Adrian Peterson, from everything I have heard, has an incredibly strong work ethic and does everything the right way, dare I say he does it the "Nebraska way." Ryan Perilloux on the other hand was lazy, a trouble maker and had a poor work ethic. One is in the NFL the other was booted off the team and is probably in jail right now.

Just because Perrilloux doesn't have a strong work ethic, has gotten trouble in the past, and doesn't do it the "Nebraska Way" doesn't mean he is probably in jail. He is playing at Jacksonville State and will be a senior and most likely will be drafted next year.

i thought he got cut from jacksonville state?

I was kidding. And actually, if he would've been in jail it really wouldn't have surprised me in the least.

Bottom line: While Perilloux has the talent to get a shot in the NFL, talent alone won't keep him there. Everybody in the NFL is talented. Those that succeed, those that excel are typically the guys who out-work everyone else. Very, very few guys are like Randy Moss and can skate by on sheer talent alone.

I was kidding. And actually, if he would've been in jail it really wouldn't have surprised me in the least.

Bottom line: While Perilloux has the talent to get a shot in the NFL, talent alone won't keep him there. Everybody in the NFL is talented. Those that succeed, those that excel are typically the guys who out-work everyone else. Very, very few guys are like Randy Moss and can skate by on sheer talent alone.

Ok fair enough I see what you are saying