Listen to Husker Game on iPhone???

My wife and I are USF season ticket holders, and this year as an anniversary present, she got me an iPhone. Since some of the games overlap, I'm not always able to watch/listen to both. Now, there's not any "official" apps for listening to games, but I have seen iheartradio. Now, huskers.com lists Omaha - 1110 KFAB-AM as a broadcasting affiliate, and 1110 is supported by iheartradio. Is this my only/best option?

My wife and I are USF season ticket holders, and this year as an anniversary present, she got me an iPhone. Since some of the games overlap, I'm not always able to watch/listen to both. Now, there's not any "official" apps for listening to games, but I have seen iheartradio. Now, huskers.com lists Omaha - 1110 KFAB-AM as a broadcasting affiliate, and 1110 is supported by iheartradio. Is this my only/best option?

I would think that your chances are pretty good since those things can do pretty much everythig except tie your shoes....

I can only imagine how hard it would be to be watching a football game while listening to another! Impressive.

Give it a little time. I think with the way the iPhone is being sold around the world, there will most likely be an app for it before too long.

I sure hope so. There's a play by play app, but from what I've heard, it lags way behind. Seriously, someone could make a KILLING if they licensed CFB broadcasts and made an app.

Give it a little time. I think with the way the iPhone is being sold around the world, there will most likely be an app for it before too long.

I sure hope so. There's a play by play app, but from what I've heard, it lags way behind. Seriously, someone could make a KILLING if they licensed CFB broadcasts and made an app.

Will they ever use XM/Sirius?

Acutally you can now listen to Sirius/XM on your iPHONE or iPOD now. Sirius does carry the Huskers games, I usually listen to them on Sirius or on the computer when at home.

SiriusXM

Yeah, I would be willing to pay for the app that gives you on demand broadcast for CFB. Only problem I would see is the way the battery is on the 3G, you would need your charger by halftime. On a side note, there was an app called "HuskerFan" that i bought for 2 or 3 bucks a few months ago. It had news update, the schedule and some other stuff like player profiles and such. It had a big red N as the icon and was pretty nice to have on the phone. But they stopped updating info about a month ago and so I looked them up online and emailed them to see what the deal was......

"A new program should be in the app store within the next two weeks. The difference between the new program and the old program is that the new program doesn't have athlete photos, the recruiting section is gone (wasn't that popular), new icon, contains top 25 rankings, more news sources, and an image of the stadium seating.

We're sorry about all of this... it sucks for us too. We hope that you'll find some of the new features useful. To make it up to you, we can send you 10 promo codes so that you can give them to your friends and then they can download the program for free. Since you live in Texas, we could also give you some promo codes for the Texas Fan application if you or your friends are Texas fans.

Thanks for your feedback. Let us know if there is anything else we can do."

So if they ever send some codes, I'll be sure to pass some along. Here is their websitelink

Acutally you can now listen to Sirius/XM on your iPHONE or iPOD now. Sirius does carry the Huskers games, I usually listen to them on Sirius or on the computer when at home.

SiriusXM

I got all excited, but it doesn't look like they do live sports on the iPhone. At least, not CFB games. Do you know what channel the games are normally on?