Composite Poll

Texas Tech at #26 is ridonkulous. I don't care if they did lose Harrell and Crabtree - this is an offense that scores bunches of points, period. Potts is a Junior, not some pasty-faced Freshman, and Leach can get productive wide receivers from the bus stop for goodness' sake.

What really makes me shake my head is the fact that they return seven starters on defense. Yes, they lost some big pieces in Dixon and Williams, but it's not a shut-down defense, it's a slow-you-down defense. I don't care if they give up 50 points a game - that offense can score 55 points.

The bottom line is, you cannot justify having Ohio State at #7, with their lowest ranking at #16, while having Texas Tech at #26, with their HIGHEST ranking at #19. OSU is all offense and a big, slow, lumbering defense. Tech is all offense with a smaller, faster, equally porous defense.

Hmmm...CFN had us ranked at 17 back in January but they currently have us at 38 in their latest poll.

If we win our first five games it won't matter.

Tall order, but I agree. And, I've said it before, I'll say it again. Preseason rankings and hype are nice since we have so little else to talk about, but I really prefer to see the list at the end of the year. Till then, it's all collective speculation.

Tall order, but I agree. And, I've said it before, I'll say it again. Preseason rankings and hype are nice since we have so little else to talk about, but I really prefer to see the list at the end of the year. Till then, it's all collective speculation.

Yep. And for the first time in too long, I'm pretty sure we'll be on that list at year's end. A whole slew of 9-4 teams were in the final Top 25 last year. Had we been ranked in years past we probably would have been ranked again last year, but that is what it is.