Kansas Vs. Nebraska Offensive Analysis

this is a great thread right now b/c this is the arguably most important game on both teams schedules. like the poster above, i tend to think NU's ball control style and ability to run the ball will decide this game. i see it being VERY close though and one mistake from either team could end up being the real reason why one loses.....

Now that I can agree with. :yeah

I understand the point. And still disagree. :) I just don't want us to start sounding and acting like Missouri - focusing on one team and then tanking the others. Ya dig?

I know exactly what the point is, though. And, then I will throw it for a loop and claim that the road actually goes through CU. KU/MU/NU all go TO Boulder this year.

God, is it football season YET???!! Enough talk, let's see some action!

NU didn't beat KU last year b/c Joe outplayed Todd. NU won b/c our defense was better then KUs (which will be the same this year) and we dominated the line of scrimmage (which will be the same this year). Todd Reesing is everything to that team...Joe was a piece of the puzzle just like Lee will be this year. Switch Joe with Todd and KU wins 2 less games (MU and the huge comeback vs. ISU) last year and NU probably wins 2 more games (Va Tech - take away that early pick....and Texas Tech - take that late pick away).

Oh yeah, I forgot about the big comeback against perenial powerhouse Iowa State. Way to get it done Todd. :clap:laughpound

OK, that little joke being made, I'll still take Ganz. Not sure how you assume Reesing doesn't throw those picks seeings as how he threw more than Ganz did in '08. Also Ganz's efficiency rating was higher and completion percentage was nearly identical. Yes, Reesing's was better 66.5 v. 65.1. I'll take Ganz.

I guess when you throw the ball 75 more times you are going to have 2 more interceptions?

this is a great thread right now b/c this is the arguably most important game on both teams schedules. like the poster above, i tend to think NU's ball control style and ability to run the ball will decide this game. i see it being VERY close though and one mistake from either team could end up being the real reason why someone losea.....

Do not forget that NU has won precious few road games over the past years --- even last year. We are especially bad against decent teams on the road.

Lets also not forget that since 2002 NU has beaten only one team that finished ranked.

Lets also not forget that since 2002 NU has beaten only one team that finished ranked.

Let's also not forget that NU had its worst coach in school history during most of that period.

Let's also not forget that KU didn't finish ranked last year, and likely won't finish ranked this year, so that's pretty much a moot point.

Let's not forget the last time we went to Lawrence...76-39.

Let's see if we can count the number of differences between that team and this team.

that team beat KU in Lincoln the year before also.

Last 4

2005 in Lawrence 40-15 KU

2006 in Lincoln 39-32 OT NU

2007 in Lawrence 76-39 KU

2008 in Lincoln 45-35 NU

Let's also not forget that NU had its worst coach in school history during most of that period.

Let's also not forget that KU didn't finish ranked last year, and likely won't finish ranked this year, so that's pretty much a moot point.

I betting they finish higher than NU.

Let's not forget the last time we went to Lawrence...76-39.

Let's see if we can count the number of differences between that team and this team.

that team beat KU in Lincoln the year before also.

Last 4

2005 in Lawrence 40-15 KU

2006 in Lincoln 39-32 OT NU

2007 in Lawrence 76-39 KU

2008 in Lincoln 45-35 NU

Are you being purposefully obstinate? Hello? Bill Callahan? Anyone listening?

Come on, man. I'll take you as seriously as I can, but ignoring the fact that we had perhaps the worst Div 1A coach during those years is a huge oversight.

Let's talk sense.

I betting they finish higher than NU.

Sig bet? I'll wear a KU sig/av here for a year if KU finishes with a better Big 12 record than NU. You've gotta wear an NU sig/av for a year if they don't. Tie is a push.