Kansas Vs. Nebraska Offensive Analysis

Reesing: 65 td passes in 2 years

Briscoe: 1407 yeards receiving, 3rd in the country

Meier: 97 receptions, tied for 6th in the country

Those guys are all back, and they are the best 3, plus all the other skill guys are back too. Our line is weak and running game is hurt by that, so I am not saying we are unstoppable, but those 3 guys are really, really good college football players. Any one of them would be the best player on Nebraska's offense as a skill player next year. That is not to say you do not have advantages too in terms of line and running game. It also does not guarantee us anything. But on offense, I like our top skill guys better, and we do have some other good ones too...

Aren't these the same guys that went 4-4 in the Big 12 last year? 8-5 overall?

They sound beatable to me.

Reesing: 65 td passes in 2 years

Briscoe: 1407 yeards receiving, 3rd in the country

Meier: 97 receptions, tied for 6th in the country

Those guys are all back, and they are the best 3, plus all the other skill guys are back too. Our line is weak and running game is hurt by that, so I am not saying we are unstoppable, but those 3 guys are really, really good college football players. Any one of them would be the best player on Nebraska's offense as a skill player next year. That is not to say you do not have advantages too in terms of line and running game. It also does not guarantee us anything. But on offense, I like our top skill guys better, and we do have some other good ones too...

I'd mostly agree with this at the moment. Helu might blow up and be great . . . but I think there's no doubt that Reesing and Briscoe would be the best player on our offense at the beginning of the year. I think I'd give Helu the edge over Meier.

Another Jayhawk here. I know it's odd to have a white guy succeeding at WR, but Kerry has athletic ability. After all, rivals ranked him the 14th best dual-threat QB out of HS and the best HS prospect in the state that year. He's strong, runs well for a guy that's 6-3 220, and has excellent body control/hand-eye coordination, which makes him an excellent possession receiver (and blocker).

As for the matchup w/ NU, who knows. It's college football so nearly every program has unknowns. That's the fun part of the game. Who's going to meet/exceed expectations and who's going to fall short? Recruiting at KU really picked up steam a couple of years ago, so I'm excited to see what the young guys can do and have my eye on a few players in particular. We have plenty of untapped talent that just needs some PT.

Let's not forget the last time we went to Lawrence...76-39.

Let's also not forget we had a brainless moron masquerading as our defensive coordinator.

We had a defensive coordinator?

:laughpound:facepalm:

We did, his defensive gameplan for that game was focused entirely on stopping the shuttle pass.

couple of pts from someone with no dog in this fight. Reesing over Lee, not even worth discussing as TR has done it, very good college qb. comparison with ganz? ganz journeyman who did ok, Reesing 2nd best qb in north behind heisman candidate, has the numbers, very tough qb.

As for your wr's last yr? wouldn't make the 2 deep for KU or MU last yr, this yr you got nothing, just a bunch of guys who have as little exp as he does, don't get too excited. Touting the TE? Huh? In spread o, just gets the scraps, it's all about the qb and wr's and KU has best in country by many accounts. MU has most potential at qb and wr's, right now, means little. Lee? ya'll don't have one clue, he completed ONE pass last yr and you try to compare him with Todd? Funny.

Now the oline question is extremely relevant as I don't think beakers are returning one starter to same position, so with 3 freshmen, huge opportunity for nebraska. BTW didn't you lose two starters on Dline? Suh is best in division but still you arn't sure. KU lost all Lbers, yours wasn't very good last yr and are counting on rs's to upgrade huge question. secondary you have one very good player, rest are ?

No one knows guys, camp starts today, you will know soon. Enjoy.

couple of pts from someone with no dog in this fight. Reesing over Lee, not even worth discussing as TR has done it, very good college qb. comparison with ganz? ganz journeyman who did ok, Reesing 2nd best qb in north behind heisman candidate, has the numbers, very tough qb.

As for your wr's last yr? wouldn't make the 2 deep for KU or MU last yr, this yr you got nothing, just a bunch of guys who have as little exp as he does, don't get too excited. Touting the TE? Huh? In spread o, just gets the scraps, it's all about the qb and wr's and KU has best in country by many accounts. MU has most potential at qb and wr's, right now, means little. Lee? ya'll don't have one clue, he completed ONE pass last yr and you try to compare him with Todd? Funny.

Now the oline question is extremely relevant as I don't think beakers are returning one starter to same position, so with 3 freshmen, huge opportunity for nebraska. BTW didn't you lose two starters on Dline? Suh is best in division but still you arn't sure. KU lost all Lbers, yours wasn't very good last yr and are counting on rs's to upgrade huge question. secondary you have one very good player, rest are ?

:laughpound:laughpound You're thinking Gabbert here, right? :laughpound:laughpound He hasn't played a snap and he's already a heisman candidate....haha! f-ing Misery fans...you can spot them from a mile away...with all those grammar mistakes, it's easy.

:laughpound:laughpound You're thinking Gabbert here, right? :laughpound:laughpound He hasn't played a snap and he's already a heisman candidate....haha! f-ing Misery fans...you can spot them from a mile away...with all those grammar mistakes, it's easy.

I think he meant 2nd best last year behind Chase Daniel.

I think he meant 2nd best last year behind Chase Daniel.

:dumdum Got it....I got a little confused b/c his sentences were a little hard to follow. Personally, I'd put Reesing above Gabbert last year. I mean the kid fell apart towards the end of the year.

How was Ganz a journeyman? The kid stayed at NU his entire career. As far as statistics, his 2008 numbers compare quite favorably to Reesing's, just look at the previous posts and you will see them side by side.

Ok yes in KU's Spread O, the TE doesn't get much love. However in MU's Spread O they do, remember Chase Coffman? Take a look at OSU's spread O, seems to me that their TE was a top draft pick this year. Point is that every spread is different, you can't make a blanket statement like that as it is foolish. Second issue with your statement is that NU doesn't run the spread, it runs a hybrid WCO with all sorts of different elements included. Watson has a history of using his TE's heavily, he did it at CU and has done it thus far at NU. NU is stacked at TE, McNeil is on the awards watch list. Point is that while KU has better receivers, NU makes up for some of that gap by using very talented TE's. Advantage is still to KU as the NU receiving corps is talented but highly unproven and the TE experience and production doesn't fully cover that gap.

Well KU does have the starter at RT returning, he is a RSo. I believe. They do appear to have a talented player at Center, he was the starting LT last season. Supposedly Center is a position he will excel at, but he has no experience at that position on the College level and that position is really important as he calls the assignments out. Overall NU has pretty good talent and experience returning on the line, advantage NU. The run game for NU will be huge this year and will take some of the load off of the passing game. As far as the D-Line, yes two players who started last year are gone but NU arguably returns 3 starters this year. Barry Turner returns from Injury, I count him as he has 3 years of starting experience before getting hurt early last season. Pierre Allen is a returning starter at the other DE spot and of course Suh is back. The other DT has experience returning in Jared Crick. No starts but he did get game time in 8 games last year, however the jury is still out on him as you say since he has to fulfill the role Steinkuhler played opposite of Suh last season. Overall I have great confidence in the front 4.

I'd take Swift.

Here's the Ganz vs Reesing numbers from last year:

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ganz, Joe 13-13 153.62 285-420-11 67.9 3568 25 69 274.5

Reesing, Todd 13-13 148.52 329-495-13 66.5 3888 32 69 299.1

Numbers are very similar. Ganz had a slightly better completion percentage and efficiency rating, while Reesing had more TD's, yards per game, and INT's with more attempts. Interestingly enough, they both had the longest pass play of 69 yards. ;)

Here's the Ganz vs Reesing numbers from last year:

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ganz, Joe 13-13 153.62 285-420-11 67.9 3568 25 69 274.5

Reesing, Todd 13-13 148.52 329-495-13 66.5 3888 32 69 299.1

Numbers are very similar. Ganz had a slightly better completion percentage and efficiency rating, while Reesing had more TD's, yards per game, and INT's with more attempts. Interestingly enough, they both had the longest pass play of 69 yards. ;)

i wouldn't bag on Ganz at all. I thought he should have started over Keller and I was pretty vocal about it to my sker friends.

i wouldn't bag on Ganz at all. I thought he should have started over Keller and I was pretty vocal about it to my sker friends.

I don't know. I saw them both at the Spring Game in 2007 and frankly, Kelller was more impressive. But I love Ganz, and when you think what might have happened had Keller not left ASU...

BC biggest attribute was destroying the club house. He did another perfect job with Keller.

Sometimes you have to take into consideration the team and how they will respond. He never did that. He was in charge and just deal with it. Generally that works, but it never seemed to for BC.

I wish Keller would have never set foot in Nebraska, but I have voiced that since he was being recruited. Trouble is trouble where ever it comes from.

Ganz was a gamer, and I agree he is alot like Reesing. Zac maybe down the road, I know we all hope so.

I only have so many more of the seasons to be looking forward to. This one more than most to be honest.

Let the games begin!!!! End the talk!!!!! Do it on the field.

And all you KU fans, good luck, may the better team win.