Travel Observations For Anyone Heading To Virginia

Boz and I just got back from a journey to Virginia and, as a public service to all Husker fans headed that way soon, we thought it would be nice to share a few interesting observations for anyone planning on driving out...

1) I actually saw a vehicle traveling down the road with an Oklahoma State logo plastered on the back window...I found this to be amazing since it is the first one I have ever seen on any of my travels, including to the campus of Oklahoma State!

2) If you relieve yourself from the top row of the University of Charleston stadium bleachers I think you can actually hit the Interstate...

3) People in Virginia get very testy if you replace their VT hat with a Nebraska hat while they are in the pool.

4) I found a guy walking around with a Kent State shirt while at Busch Gardens and enjoyed a full day of following him around and feeling superior.

5) Don't pay the WV Turnpike poll in pennies... <_<

6) Southern "Belles" in Virginia are shaped like actual bells...You have to travel further south if you want the other kind.

7) In WV, you can trade a Vicodin tablet for a tank of gas, a six pack of Bud and a Motley Crue CD...could have had the guy's wife but she doesn't get out for another couple of months.

8) After a visit to their lovely campus, I decided Iowa State needs to add William & Mary to their schedule of non-conference football games.

9) The people of Virginia seem really friendly. They drive past you smiling and waving like you are a celebrity...found out later at a rest area that it was only because they were playing License Plate Bingo and ours was apparently the only Nebraska plate in the entire state...

10) State Troopers WILL give you a ticket and fine you a lot of money if you drive your car onto one of the runaway truck lanes just because you "felt like doing it once before I died..."

Those are just a few observations that I hope will make your travel to Virginia Tech a more enjoyable experience.

Boz and I just got back from a journey to Virginia and, as a public service to all Husker fans headed that way soon, we thought it would be nice to share a few interesting observations for anyone planning on driving out...

1) I actually saw a vehicle traveling down the road with an Oklahoma State logo plastered on the back window...I found this to be amazing since it is the first one I have ever seen on any of my travels, including to the campus of Oklahoma State!

2) If you relieve yourself from the top row of the University of Charleston stadium bleachers I think you can actually hit the Interstate...

3) People in Virginia get very testy if you replace their VT hat with a Nebraska hat while they are in the pool.

4) I found a guy walking around with a Kent State shirt while at Busch Gardens and enjoyed a full day of following him around and feeling superior.

6) Southern "Belles" in Virginia are shaped like actual bells...You have to travel further south if you want the other kind.

7) In WV, you can trade a Vicodin tablet for a tank of gas, a six pack of Bud and a Motley Crue CD...could have had the guy's wife but she doesn't get out for another couple of months.

8) After a visit to their lovely campus, I decided Iowa State needs to add William & Mary to their schedule of non-conference football games.

9) The people of Virginia seem really friendly. They drive past you smiling and waving like you are a celebrity...found out later at a rest area that it was only because they were playing License Plate Bingo and ours was apparently the only Nebraska plate in the entire state...

10) State Troopers WILL give you a ticket and fine you a lot of money if you drive your car onto one of the runaway truck lanes just because you "felt like doing it once before I died..."

Those are just a few observations that I hope will make your travel to Virginia Tech a more enjoyable experience.

:facepalm:

Cy, what were you doing walking around with Nebraska hats???? (as for number 3 above).

Cy, what were you doing walking around with Nebraska hats???? (as for number 3 above).

I started off wearing my Iowa State hat but got tired of people asking me how the Trojans were going to do this year.... <_<

I'm sure they were happy to learn that it was a Cyclone and and not a Trojan that was floating in the pool :)