KU loses an O lineman

First a RB was kicked off now they lose a lineman who played significant time last year. Not real deep on the line, Suh and the boys should be able to wreak havoc and send Reesing scrambling. I don't know if that's a good thing because sometimes his best plays came from a scramble.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/aug/07/...eaving-program/

Leuken wasn't even projected on our two deep and crawford sucks. Try again.

Regardless, I wasn't worried about KU's offensive or defensive line. They played poorly last year and we retained a couple more starters on both lines than KU did. We should be fine in the trenches.

The only thing to worry about in this game is taking the crowd out early and stopping Reesing.

First a RB was kicked off now they lose a lineman who played significant time last year. Not real deep on the line, Suh and the boys should be able to wreak havoc and send Reesing scrambling. I don't know if that's a good thing because sometimes his best plays came from a scramble.

Whoa! step back JGS, don't get pissy. I was just pointing out that two players have left, not whether or not they were good or not. Any time you lose someone who had significant playing time in 9 games is gonna hurt depth whether or not they were "projected" on the 2 man roster. I also gave props to Reesing. Had your coffee yet??

You still need all the help you can get on your o-line :)

wasn't he the only freshman to ever get major snaps on the kansas line?

wasn't he the only freshman to ever get major snaps on the kansas line?

pretty much. him and crawford got into some kinda something, luekin got thrown from the hood of crawfords car (rumors) and cracked his head open. he left for medical reasons and crawford was shown the door. To bad too as I thought Luekin was going to be a good OL.

Whoa! step back JGS, don't get pissy. I was just pointing out that two players have left, not whether or not they were good or not. Any time you lose someone who had significant playing time in 9 games is gonna hurt depth whether or not they were "projected" on the 2 man roster. I also gave props to Reesing. Had your coffee yet??

I know that. And for your information, no I haven't had my coffee yet. My child will not allow me. Uggghh.

Regardless, I wasn't worried about KU's offensive or defensive line. They played poorly last year and we retained a couple more starters on both lines than KU did. We should be fine in the trenches.

The only thing to worry about in this game is taking the crowd out early and stopping Reesing.

Taking the crowd out. That place will be half red as always.

If any of you remember, there was an incident involving two players, ending with one being injured, likely a head injury, in an incident involving a vehicle. Most people say Leuken (leaving) jumped on Crawfords (leaving) hood, Crawford reacted by hitting his brakes, and Leuken wnet flying and had a serious head injury. My understanding is that Leuken was intoxicated and was trying to have an altercation with Crawford, who was leaving to avoid problems. It's too bad, but now both are gone. Leuken is thought to have residual head injury issues and likely that is his reason for leaving. Crawford was thought ot have been cleared of any wrongdoing, but as he won't likely play as muich as he had hoped, he wanted to play at a smaller school to have a chance at the NFL (Don't ask, I am not 21 and completely unrealistic). Anyway, the players do have a relationship at least...