Was Kody Spano rushed back from his first ACL tear?

Well, think of it this way ..

Most people require one week to two weeks of using crutches after surgery before they can even put weight on it. After that, it requires 6-10 weeks physical therapy before you are allowed to workout on your own to continue to build strength. Normally, it takes 9 months to get back from this surgery. However, some (but VERY few) have gotten back in 6 months.

Kody was able to get back to full contact drills in 3 months. I don't care how hard Kody worked his butt off, no way in he** he was ready in 3 months. Absolutely no way that kid was able to shave the absolute least in recovery time in half so he could be back playing.

I am a certified athletic trainer and i have done multiple ACL rehabs. First off there is no such thing as partially tearing your ACL, often times we tell our athletes, your either did or didn’t, because of the anatomical nature of the ACL. As far as Kody goes it is never good to hear these things, but most ACL rehabs take 5-6 months but very rarely can an athlete come back in less than 4 and not have problems. The graft takes at least 4 months to heal regardless, most athletes feel around 100% at 3-4 months but it is important to understand that the graft is still healing. I know the athletic medicine staff at UNL and they are good at what they do, things like this happen and no one is to blame. He was in a running drill trying to slow down, and that is how about 60% of ACL injuries occur now a days. Now once an athlete has done it twice back to back like Kody did the rehab is more mental than physical, it will go about the same but the question of whether or not Kody trusts his knee.

Some people seem to be prone to suffering this injury. Wasn' t there a D-lineman from some years ago that suffered knee injury after knee injury? Can't seem to remember that guy's name.

Yep, Steve Emptman (sp). He was a beast at washington, and then when he got to the NFL, he kept blowing out his knews

Maybe you're thinking of Jason Lohr. That guy was at Nebraska forever with all of his injuries.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?PR...amp;ATCLID=1225