Was Kody Spano rushed back from his first ACL tear?

Fastest I recall was Jerry Rice in the 90's at 3 1/2 months, but then again he fractured his kneecap in his first game back then.

McNabb tore his in November, and was out until the start of the next year.

Let's pretend that Kody really was ready (which by people who do a little research about how the knee needs to rehab after this type of injury he couldn't be), he just PROVED that something isn't right if he blew it in a non contact drill. Then Bo mentions he should be back for winter conditioning? WHY? Give Kody a few weeks to let the swelling go down and then do the surgery, what's the big hurry now?

The biggest concern of this is that Kody needs to take his time and strengthen his knee for an extended period of time. If that means missing Spring ball then you just have to do it. I am floored that they would mention winter conditioning, they are setting Kody up to push again for something that just doesn't make sense.

hindsight is 20/20, did anyone talk about him coming back too soon before this latest injury? to me, it just happens, even if he would have came back a little later theres still a good chance he could tear it again. lets just hope that he recovers well and gets back

Well, think of it this way ..

Most people require one week to two weeks of using crutches after surgery before they can even put weight on it. After that, it requires 6-10 weeks physical therapy before you are allowed to workout on your own to continue to build strength. Normally, it takes 9 months to get back from this surgery. However, some (but VERY few) have gotten back in 6 months.

Kody was able to get back to full contact drills in 3 months. I don't care how hard Kody worked his butt off, no way in he** he was ready in 3 months. Absolutely no way that kid was able to shave the absolute least in recovery time in half so he could be back playing.

Congratulations!!!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board Posting of the Day!

:clap:woo:worship:cowbell::cheers:bonez

Yeah, he probably rushed it. It sucks. Could have been prevented, but it happens. Hope they learn from this and this doesn't effect him physically or psychologically down the road.

Most people require one week to two weeks of using crutches after surgery before they can even put weight on it. After that, it requires 6-10 weeks physical therapy before you are allowed to workout on your own to continue to build strength. Normally, it takes 9 months to get back from this surgery. However, some (but VERY few) have gotten back in 6 months.

Kody was able to get back to full contact drills in 3 months. I don't care how hard Kody worked his butt off, no way in he** he was ready in 3 months. Absolutely no way that kid was able to shave the absolute least in recovery time in half so he could be back playing.

So you are saying the doctors and coaches rushed him back and that he wasn't healthy enough to come back when he did?

If so, are you saying this based on your opinion or medical knowledge of his situation and orthopedic medicine?

If it's your opinion without knowledge of his condition and orthopedic medicine, then don't reply.

The Harvey Fierstein voice was choice.

Congratulations!!!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board Posting of the Day!

:clap:woo:worship:cowbell::cheers:bonez

Yeah, he probably rushed it. It sucks. Could have been prevented, but it happens. Hope they learn from this and this doesn't effect him physically or psychologically down the road.

:lol:

Never would have known if not for you posting that. Thanks!

So you are saying the doctors and coaches rushed him back and that he wasn't healthy enough to come back when he did?

If so, are you saying this based on your opinion or medical knowledge of his situation and orthopedic medicine?

If it's your opinion without knowledge of his condition and orthopedic medicine, then don't reply.

The Harvey Fierstein voice was choice.

So let me get this straight, unless I have a MD, I cannot comment?

Maybe I need a coaching job before I can critique the coaches. Maybe I need my business degree from Harvard before I can properly comment on Obama's tax plans. Maybe I also need to go to lawn school before I can even properly cut my lawn. :facepalm:

Seriously, if you went down this road, you would be locked up inside your room as a hermit being mum the rest of your life. Just stop there.

Again, show me one person who was able to come back into full contact drills from an ACL injury in 3 months. Simple and easy.

Every accusation that the medical guys did something wrong MUST start with an accurate description of Spano's initial diagnosis. Without that everything else is just speculation

:yeah

This is true. If it was arthroscopic surgery, a young man in the kind of excellent shape Kody was in could easily come back that quickly. When I was playing CBB I tore my ACL on a partial and made it back to play in the conference tournament, 3 1/2 months and that was 6 years ago. It can easily be done.

The problem, and I have read this, is that he had such good muscle tone it could have masked the movement of the knee and supported it when his knee was having problems. Or it could be that damn brace he was wearing that I am convinced, through many knee surgeries, are destined to cause more problems.

JMHO, but wanted to contribute my experience. I may not be an Orthopedist (sp?), but I have had surgeries on both knees.

Some people seem to be prone to suffering this injury. Wasn' t there a D-lineman from some years ago that suffered knee injury after knee injury? Can't seem to remember that guy's name.

Yep, Steve Emptman (sp). He was a beast at washington, and then when he got to the NFL, he kept blowing out his knews