Was Kody Spano rushed back from his first ACL tear?

A pretty simple view of it, don't you think?

Unless you want to say that the Medical Staff supporting UNL made a big error in clearing him, I don't think so. I get what Big Willie is saying, I can't recall anyone coming back that fast either but since he was cleared....

Let's remember that not all ACL injuries are the same. Maybe someone with insight could tell us the amount of damage Spano suffered in the Spring, but from what I'm recollecting, it wasn't that severe. It was a tear, not a rip. Correct that if I'm wrong, of course.

If he had a slight tear that could explain the speediness of the medical staff clearing him to play. Hard to say.

I dont think they rushed him, if they did, there was no reason to do so, you already had Zac Lee and Washington. They have walk-on Ron Kellog, and i havent heard word that Green has been redshirted yet. Also has Taylor Martinez stepped on campus yet?

I think it was likely that Spano was going to be 3rd string this year if Green was rehsirted, now with the injury on Spano, i wouldnt be too surprised to see either Green or Kellog as the 3rd string QB this year.

Not trying to through anyone under the bus but I was really surprised how quickly Kody came back from his ACL injury this spring. I wonder if trying to get him ready too quickly had much to do with his latest tear this week.

Maybe he'll be ready again quickly this time around. I heard Bo say by winter conditioning he expects Kody to be ready to go.

It may not be his fault, depending on what type of surgery he had. Alexander ( MU WR) had the same thing happen last year. The docs replaced his original tear with a new ACL taken from a cadavor. he tore it again like 4 or 5 months later. Upon further review they discoverd the cadavor ACL had a slight very small tear that comprimised the ACL and it should have never been used.

Some times its just a freak accident. To bad for him, you never want to see anyone go down.

No, it is a simple view, and here's why: you're saying: doctors cleared him, bam, end of story, he was not rushed back too soon. How many players try - and succeed - in getting second opinions when their first doc tells them no? It's a very inexact science, and to not even allow for the possibility of a messup is absurd.

Doctors and medical staffs make misdiagnosises, misjudgments, and mistakes all the time. I really don't get why you're putting 100%, unconditional stock a doctor's opinion, or why you go so far as to say "to do so [saying they made a big mistake] would be wrong." Wrong?

Spano came back and tore his same knee within just a few practices. That's a lot of smoke suggesting his prior injury had something to do with it. It sure as heck looks like a mistake now, in retrospect.

No, it is a simple view, and here's why: you're saying: doctors cleared him, bam, end of story, he was not rushed back too soon. How many players try - and succeed - in getting second opinions when their first doc tells them no? It's a very inexact science, and to not even allow for the possibility of a messup is absurd.

Doctors and medical staffs make misdiagnosises, misjudgments, and mistakes all the time. I really don't get why you're putting 100%, unconditional stock a doctor's opinion, or why you go so far as to say "to do so [saying they made a big mistake] would be wrong." Wrong?

Spano came back and tore his same knee within just a few practices. That's a lot of smoke suggesting his prior injury had something to do with it. It sure as heck looks like a mistake now, in retrospect.

Even he knows you are wrong.

Oliver_Stone_01.jpg

i agree. it is a fact that nothing good ever comes from rushing the healing process when returning from a major injury. rushing the healing process and getting back on the field proves nothing, except you may suffer a recurrence of the same injury.