NU @ ASU part II

Yea, defensive errors are what really made the difference in the game. I didn't even watch much of the game because I was at work, but when the some of the highlights shown as game changing events are of your team making errors, that pretty much tells the story.

As the ASU coach said in the PC, Nebraska baseball is real and I think we really made some noise in this years CWS. Let's keep in rolling in the off season and hit next season strong!

Let's not forget what this team has done this year, in a Big 12 regular season championship and the Big 12 tourney champion. They proved they were the best team to come out of the Big 12 this year IMO.

Yea, defensive errors are what really made the difference in the game. I didn't even watch much of the game because I was at work, but when the some of the highlights shown as game changing events are of your team making errors, that pretty much tells the story.

As the ASU coach said in the PC, Nebraska baseball is real and I think we really made some noise in this years CWS. Let's keep in rolling in the off season and hit next season strong!

Let's not forget what this team has done this year, in a Big 12 regular season championship and the Big 12 tourney champion. They proved they were the best team to come out of the Big 12 this year IMO.

I'd agree with that. NU's bread and butter all year has been solid pitching and stellar defense and they hit the snooze button today. And what is the deal with Ledbetter? Was he just ungodly nervous or something? He was a major player all year and he made several mental mistakes in the CWS.

On the upside, NU did make some noise and did a lot this season. I look for NU to be back, if not this next season, in 2007. This team is young and talented and has a bright future. Hats off to Mike Anderson and Rob Childress, hopefully they can bring em back soon!

We were so much better than what we played in this game.

Why the f*** did Anderson put Ledbetter into this game AT ALL....He had absolutely ZERO confidence after the UF game, w/ the poor plate appearances and two errors. Buckman was 2-2!!! I've never seen a guy hang his head lower after a K than Led. He was not MENTALLY prepared to play in this game, and as a coach Anderson should've seen it. Hell, I saw it and all I get is what I see on TV.

Great work by Gordon to FINALLY GO THE OTHER WAY ON STRIKES ON THE OUTSIDE CORNER OF THE PLATE!!! How many times did he just watch those pitches, digging himself into a 0-2 or 1-2 hole, then ended up K-ing? He didn't even consider swinging at anything not middle of the plate in. That's ego folks. That's not putting the team first. He was either going to hit a 500ft HR or strike out trying...he's much too big of player to hit singles to left field all day, even though it's what the team needed!!!

I take great solace in the fact that the most consistent contributors on this team at the end of the year, when it counted, were freshman and sophomores ('cept Simo/Bruce). We will be back to this thing NEXT YEAR with a t.o.'d attitude and some unfinished business to take care of. About the only loss off this pitching staff is Kroenke...so finding another weekend starter is a must for NU, other than that, I don't see any reason why next year's staff can't be just as good as this year.

Well your a little tough on them, but Anderson was trying his best to match up guys.(Rt vs Lt) Although even with this attempt I still would have kept Buckman in the game. Led was just screwed. His head was so full of sh#t. Besides one game against Creighton in the regional, his post season is worthless.

I was at the game and there weren't many sporting events I have been to that were better.

I have to put some of the blame on Gordan also. Simo got on base 4 times and I'm not sure he scored... the entire game. Gordan needs to get these guys around. That's his job. Poor post season for Gordan as well. Throw in a couple booted balls too.