Releasing Players from the Team

It's difficult to make a judgment about whether Bo is being too strict when we don't even know what Castille did. How can we know whether the punishment was proportional to the violation?

That said, whatever Castille was doing, it at least sounds like he had some warning and a chance to correct it, in which case, if he didn't, I think dismissal would be appropriate.

Yeah. At the same time, however, I think your second line kind of answers your first in a way. If it was a repeat offense (for example the idea I've heard around campus that he failed a drug test 5 times) then he deserved a dismissal.

Now, regardless of what it actually was even if it was just a minor team rule, anytime you break multiple team rules or the same team rule multiple times you deserve what you get. In this case, Castille seemed to have pushed the coaches a little over the edge more than once so he got dismissed.

Didnt we get into some trouble in the 90s for people suposedly being to lax in decipline. I think this whole thing is silly. Bo is the coach and if he says dont eat friggin meat on friday because the goat gods dont approve then dont FRIGGIN EAT MEAT. If you are someone of importance you would think you would work harder on being a role model for your teammates and set an example for others. I dont know what he or anyone else did. But i know that bo is not going to throw someone off the team for not lacing up his shoelaces the right way. Whatever they did it was extreme enough to mean there banishment. Im sorry i wish all who have left this team well but if your not going to follow the rules then c ya. To me, to have the ability to play at a school like nebraska would be one of the greatest things ever. Not everyone gets to play college ball. Im sure there are hundreds of people who would love to fly right to take there place.

Speaking of useless rules...How about bringing back some Spelling RULES! (LOL)

Didn't we get into some trouble in the 90s for people suposedly being too lax in discipline?

I think this whole thing is silly. Bo is the coach and if he says "Don't eat friggin meat on Friday because the goat gods don't approve", Then don't FRIGGIN EAT MEAT. If you are someone of importance you would think you would work harder on being a role model for your teammates and set an example for others. I don't know what he or anyone else did. But I know that Bo is not going to throw someone off the team for not lacing up his shoelaces the right way. Whatever they did, it was extreme enough to mean their banishment. Im sorry I wish all who have left this team well but if you're not going to follow the rules then c ya.

To me, to have the ability to play at a school like Nebraska would be one of the greatest things ever. Not everyone gets to play college ball. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who would love to fly right to take their place.

Doesnt Matter what you think is fair or not you do not run the program!!!!!!!!

Just because this is football doesnt mean there are no rules if you don't want to follow the rules you will have to pay the price. He might not have gotten any warnings or multiple warnings I dont care, he didnt follow the rules and he got booted so be it. These kids are getting a full ride to play ball and follow some simple rules Ohhhh that is really hard. My Highschool baseball coach kicked kids off the team because he saw a picture of the kids with a beer in there hands over the summer. Coach said it is his rules or the highway its up to you if you want to follow the rules are not. Have to remember its a not a right to get to play its a priviledge.

nebraskachick.jpg

Do you think Melissa cares about rules?

Rules are for followers

logo1-sheep.jpg

Sorry..Just a moment of anti establishment..and tired of all the posts from "the man" trying to keep us all down with their overabundance of RULES! :bat:rulez:boxosoapgaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.

(Back to your regularly scheduled order).

We all know im not one for spelling, nor am i one to check my spelling over. Again this isnt school and this isnt a term paper. If this is such a problem then please by all means put in a spell checker on the forum. Other wise i guess youll just half to stumble through my babble. Funny everything i typed you missed the point entirely.

Didnt we get into some trouble in the 90s for people suposedly being to lax in decipline. I think this whole thing is silly. Bo is the coach and if he says dont eat friggin meat on friday because the goat gods dont approve then dont FRIGGIN EAT MEAT. If you are someone of importance you would think you would work harder on being a role model for your teammates and set an example for others. I dont know what he or anyone else did. But i know that bo is not going to throw someone off the team for not lacing up his shoelaces the right way. Whatever they did it was extreme enough to mean there banishment. Im sorry i wish all who have left this team well but if your not going to follow the rules then c ya. To me, to have the ability to play at a school like nebraska would be one of the greatest things ever. Not everyone gets to play college ball. Im sure there are hundreds of people who would love to fly right to take there place.

Speaking of useless rules...How about bringing back some Spelling RULES! (LOL)

Didn't we get into some trouble in the 90s for people suposedly being too lax in discipline?

I think this whole thing is silly. Bo is the coach and if he says "Don't eat friggin meat on Friday because the goat gods don't approve", Then don't FRIGGIN EAT MEAT. If you are someone of importance you would think you would work harder on being a role model for your teammates and set an example for others. I don't know what he or anyone else did. But I know that Bo is not going to throw someone off the team for not lacing up his shoelaces the right way. Whatever they did, it was extreme enough to mean their banishment. Im sorry I wish all who have left this team well but if you're not going to follow the rules then c ya.

To me, to have the ability to play at a school like Nebraska would be one of the greatest things ever. Not everyone gets to play college ball. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who would love to fly right to take their place.

Doesnt Matter what you think is fair or not you do not run the program!!!!!!!!

Just because this is football doesnt mean there are no rules if you don't want to follow the rules you will have to pay the price. He might not have gotten any warnings or multiple warnings I dont care, he didnt follow the rules and he got booted so be it. These kids are getting a full ride to play ball and follow some simple rules Ohhhh that is really hard. My Highschool baseball coach kicked kids off the team because he saw a picture of the kids with a beer in there hands over the summer. Coach said it is his rules or the highway its up to you if you want to follow the rules are not. Have to remember its a not a right to get to play its a priviledge.

nebraskachick.jpg

Do you think Melissa cares about rules?

Rules are for followers

logo1-sheep.jpg

Sorry..Just a moment of anti establishment..and tired of all the posts from "the man" trying to keep us all down with their overabundance of RULES! :bat:rulez:boxosoapgaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.gaah.gif.

(Back to your regularly scheduled order).

We all know im not one for spelling, nor am i one to check my spelling over. Again this isnt school and this isnt a term paper. If this is such a problem then please by all means put in a spell checker on the forum. Other wise i guess youll just half to stumble through my babble. Funny everything i typed you missed the point entirely.

Sorry...Verry poor attempt at humor on my part.

Believe me, there are much worse spellers out there on other teams' BBS (sites)...I fell into the habit of believing their point of view in proportion to how well they expressed themselves (Just on word mechanics/spelling alone).

Reading Tuff Tiger's posts have slowly turned my thinking around..although it can be a struggle 'cipherin" his chicken scratches most times...To someone unfamiliar with it??? They're left thinking, "What a moron!".

I was even worse at relaying MY point.

That sometimes there are just too many rules.

College should be a time of growth...They're all on their own for probably the first time in their lives and at times, I feel our student athletes are under too much of a microscope..and sometimes they are given rules just to show them who's boss.