Husker TV Package?

I hate to bitch, and I'll still buy every one of these that I'm not able to attend in person (as I did last year), but $30 and no HD? C'mon, FSN, get with the program. It's 2009. $30 is not chump change for many of us, and to put it in standard definition on top of that price, well that's pretty ridiculous. With ESPN Gameplan, you get 10-12 new games for less than $25, and most of them are in HD.

Couldn't agree more! Watching games in HD has made watching games in standard def almost unbearable. I don't like shelling out $30 for standard def, but I'd pay more than $30 if it meant I could watch in HD.

I hate to bitch, and I'll still buy every one of these that I'm not able to attend in person (as I did last year), but $30 and no HD? C'mon, FSN, get with the program. It's 2009. $30 is not chump change for many of us, and to put it in standard definition on top of that price, well that's pretty ridiculous. With ESPN Gameplan, you get 10-12 new games for less than $25, and most of them are in HD.

Couldn't agree more! Watching games in HD has made watching games in standard def almost unbearable. I don't like shelling out $30 for standard def, but I'd pay more than $30 if it meant I could watch in HD.

True that the cost is ridiculous with no HD, but I'm so anxious to see the Huskers play the '09 season that I'd be happy watching the games in Black & White with no sound while still shelling out the $30 per game!

According to this site, all FSN games will be in HD this year:

FSN holds the pay TV rights to the Big 12 and PAC-10 conferences.

For the Big 12, the conference owns the first pay TV choice and the "regional" Big 12 game, which airs on just about all FSN-affiliated regional networks. FSN also approves all PPV airing for Big 12 games not chosen for TV. Any PPV games must air when ABC is not televising a Big 12 game. This means that FSN holds the rights to 20-25 games per season. The Big 12 contract expires after the 2011 season.

For the PAC-10, FSN shows usually at least one PAC-10 game per week and holds the rights to 18 games. This contract expires after the 2011 season.

FSN will televise all games in HD for 2009.

FSN has sold seven Big 12 games to ESPN/ESPN2 and five games to Versus. Versus has also sublicensed five PAC-10 games.

DirecTV and/or Cox of course would have to pick up the HD feed for it to reach your home, and DirecTV hasn't always picked up the HD feed for ESPN GamePlan games in the past.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm hopeful that the combination of this move by FSN and the use of new HD cameras for in-game replays by HuskerVision mean that we'll finally get HD for our $30 this year.

Fingers crossed.

According to this site, all FSN games will be in HD this year:

FSN holds the pay TV rights to the Big 12 and PAC-10 conferences.

For the Big 12, the conference owns the first pay TV choice and the "regional" Big 12 game, which airs on just about all FSN-affiliated regional networks. FSN also approves all PPV airing for Big 12 games not chosen for TV. Any PPV games must air when ABC is not televising a Big 12 game. This means that FSN holds the rights to 20-25 games per season. The Big 12 contract expires after the 2011 season.

For the PAC-10, FSN shows usually at least one PAC-10 game per week and holds the rights to 18 games. This contract expires after the 2011 season.

FSN will televise all games in HD for 2009.

FSN has sold seven Big 12 games to ESPN/ESPN2 and five games to Versus. Versus has also sublicensed five PAC-10 games.

DirecTV and/or Cox of course would have to pick up the HD feed for it to reach your home, and DirecTV hasn't always picked up the HD feed for ESPN GamePlan games in the past.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm hopeful that the combination of this move by FSN and the use of new HD cameras for in-game replays by HuskerVision mean that we'll finally get HD for our $30 this year.

Fingers crossed.

All FSN games will be in HD. FSN PPV games probably will not.