Cash for Codgers

Cash for Codgers

JUST IN ...

Democrats, realizing the success of the President's "Cash For Clunkers"

rebate program, have revamped a major portion of their National Health Care Plan.

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Sen. Reed are expected to make this major announcement at a joint news conference later this week. I have obtained an advanced copy of the proposal which is named....

"CASH FOR CODGERS": and it works like this... Couples wishing to access health care funds in order to pay for the delivery of a child will be

required to turn in one old person. The amount the government grants them will be fixed according to a sliding scale. Older and more prescription dependent codgers will garner the highest amounts.

Special "Bonuses" will be paid for those submitting codgers in targeted

groups, such as smokers, alcohol drinkers, persons 10 pounds over their

government prescribed weight, and any member of the Republican Party.

Smaller bonuses will be given for codgers who consume beef, soda, fried

foods, potato chips, lattes, whole milk, dairy products, bacon, Brussel

sprouts, or Girl Scout Cookies.

All codgers will be rendered totally useless via toxic injection. This will

insure that they are not secretly resold or their body parts harvested to

keep other codgers in repair.

Run my old friend, Run! And remember you heard it here first...

RUN, MY OLD FRIEND, RUN !!!

We must stop Obama's Health Care Plan!!!

I realize this is meant to be funny, but I am saddened by the fact that the health care debate is being derailed by disinformation and disgusting scare tactics. Tactics that are only serving the desires of those with the most to gain by keeping our current system, the insurance conglomerates and the medical service goliaths that are pushing costs to outrageous and unsustainable levels.

I ask that you please take a few moments to read this link AARP's 8 myths about health care reform. I think if people would take an unbiased look at the condition of our fledgling health care system, they would see that the real danger for the "codgers" is that people do nothing at all.

Americans spend more on health care every year than we do educating our children, building roads, even feeding ourselves—an estimated $2.6 trillion in 2009, or around $8,300 per person. Forty-five million Americans have no health insurance whatsoever. These staggering figures are at the heart of the current debate over health care reform: the need to control costs while providing coverage for all. As John Lumpkin, M.D., M.P.H., director of the Health Care Group for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, says, "There is enough evidence that it is now time to do something and to do the right thing." The key is to focus on the facts—and to dispel, once and for all, the myths that block our progress.

I was hoping to keep this out of the Politics & Religon section.

And so far, have been reserving my opinion on the subject until I learn more (thanks for the link).

I've had just enough medical training to realize I have no use for Dr.s (even when I could afford insurance) and stopped taking my Cholesterol/HBP pills over two years ago..

Although it's probably too late to leave a nice looking corpse behind, I'm trying to eat healthy/exercise...and avoid people driving while on their cellphones.

The innitial post was an email I got tonight from my Sister who seems to be convinced she will soon be homeless due to changes in the healthcare system.

But she tends to exagerate.

I realize this is meant to be funny, but I am saddened by the fact that the health care debate is being derailed by disinformation and disgusting scare tactics. Tactics that are only serving the desires of those with the most to gain by keeping our current system, the insurance conglomerates and the medical service goliaths that are pushing costs to outrageous and unsustainable levels.

I ask that you please take a few moments to read this link AARP's 8 myths about health care reform. I think if people would take an unbiased look at the condition of our fledgling health care system, they would see that the real danger for the "codgers" is that people do nothing at all.

Americans spend more on health care every year than we do educating our children, building roads, even feeding ourselves—an estimated $2.6 trillion in 2009, or around $8,300 per person. Forty-five million Americans have no health insurance whatsoever. These staggering figures are at the heart of the current debate over health care reform: the need to control costs while providing coverage for all. As John Lumpkin, M.D., M.P.H., director of the Health Care Group for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, says, "There is enough evidence that it is now time to do something and to do the right thing." The key is to focus on the facts—and to dispel, once and for all, the myths that block our progress.

There is plenty of disinformation from Obama as well.

You know since we are at it, why don't we nationalize the construction/real estate industry as well.

We DON'T need more gov't involvement, we NEED more private organizations. That is what this country was built on and how it should stay. I don't need my doctor to operate like the DMV.

I would just say, ask Canada and Britian how their "health care" plans are working out

People have been asking, and they have been answered. The only problem is, this is america, no one gives a sh!t about the truth, when the lies confirm their fears!

This Americans experience of Britian's Healthcare system.

American Healthcare is already rationed

British system works for american

Note: I choose these three articles specifically because they where all written by Americans who have actually used the British healthcare system, because I put a hell of a lot more stock in their opinions, than I do idiotic blowhards like Rush Limbaugh!

Bob -

#1) Your examples of "articles" are blogs.......

#2) For ever "article" you post saying the system works, I can find you at least one that says it doesn't.

For example:

Babies born in Hospital Corridors: Bed Shortage forces 4000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hosptial toilets

Man collpses with ruptured appendix....three weeks after NHS doctors 'took it out'

Sounds like great health care too me :sarcasm

I'll let you find the rest b/c I'm not taking the time to look up what I already know. Notice how my examples come from a real news source in the UK.

And so far, have been reserving my opinion on the subject until I learn more (thanks for the link).

I've had just enough medical training to realize I have no use for Dr.s (even when I could afford insurance) and stopped taking my Cholesterol/HBP pills over two years ago..

Although it's probably too late to leave a nice looking corpse behind, I'm trying to eat healthy/exercise...and avoid people driving while on their cellphones.

The innitial post was an email I got tonight from my Sister who seems to be convinced she will soon be homeless due to changes in the healthcare system.

I thought it was quite humorous. :clap

I thought it was quite humorous. :clap

:yeah

LOL good one huzkerbob. Al Franken couldnt of said it better himself.