Huskers Break NCAA Record

88th Consecutive Home Win

Nebraska’s home-court success was built upon talented teams playing with discipline, and Tuesday’s record-setting win over Creighton was a step — albeit a baby one — in the right direction for the Huskers’ youthful 2009 edition.

Tara Mueller had 13 kills and super sub Jordan Wilberger added a career-high 10 as No. 6 Nebraska won 25-19, 25-23, 25-16 at the NU Coliseum, the Huskers’ 88th consecutive home-court victory.

Nebraska entered the season tied with Penn State of 1995-2000 as the NCAA record holders, and even though the Huskers lost at Qwest Center Omaha last weekend, the setback to Michigan counted as a neutral match. Same story for Penn State in the 2008 final four.

More Here

NICE :clap:clap:clap

volleyball is huge over here in hawaii

usually 6,000 plus per game for the chicks even when they suck.. gets up close to 10 + per game if they get epic.....

Yep. Hawaii is the only team that has higher attendance than the Huskers every year. I'd love to go watch a match over there sometime. The fans there really know the sport, and they couldn't be more different than Nebraskans. But because of this sport, they're linked pretty closely.

Here's some photos of the match with Creighton.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pws5252/sets/72157622218146898/

Thanks for posting these photos, some great shots!

The photo with the Creighton libero reminds me of 5' 2" Texas libero Sydney Yogi. I use her as an example to all my volleyball girls that height doesn't need to be an obstacle to playing volleyball at a high level...a short player on scholarship at one of the top volleyball programs in the country.

3813958102_f71d04b9b3.jpg

We would have the attendance record, but that would stop the sellout streak. Cook doesn't want to move from the Coliseum because of the atmosphere, but I'd sure like to get a ticket every once in awhile.

There are tickets to most matches available on-line. They're general admission, and not great seats, but you can roam around and see the match.