Okay...who is just a little disappointed

Power-I

That 2 of Nebraska's big opponents this year both lost. I generally root for our future opponents up until we play them, in hopes that it could provide the biggest possible stage for a Husker win. Wins over these teams will both awesome if we can beat them, but I was really hoping to go to Blackburg playing a top 5 opponent.

I would have liked to have seen VT win, but that fourth quarter was tough to argue with. I was encouraged to see Alabama rush at will in the second half. NU @ VT should be a pretty good game if the RED can keep penalties/turnovers in check this time. Taylor took some wicked shots late and the whole Hokie sideline looked totally demoralized. When the momentum turned, VT just gave up. I feel quite a bit better about this game than i did yesterday.

As for OU - maybe this is Bradford's karma payback for not declaring for the draft. he should have taken the pay cut and bolted.

welcome to college football...what you would like to see and what you actually see are usually two very different things.

You would like them to be as highly rated as possible, and I agree. However, I just tell myself they'll still both be ranked, and pretty high. VT will be around 15 give or take a few I would imagine, OU by the time we play them could be back at number 3 or down quite a bit, but you can bet they'll be in the top 20. A win over a top 20 is what we need right now, and no matter what OU is ranked, with the domination they've had in recent years a victory over them would be huge.

Am i the only one who was glad to see them both lose. If i may be so bold to say is that i dont know if were ready to play someone on that type of elete status. Now dont get me wrong i have faith but the past few years have made me drink less koolaid. With them takeing 1st week losses that takes some steam out of them. I dont wish bradford ill will either. Next year i want to face the tough top 10 teams. When we have some experience under our belts. Thats just my op though.

Ben

this year. thats a period by the way."elite." "higher ranked" who cares. we are staring at week one. i root for the big twelve and hope to no end that 'we' play the best....dont lose focus guys. wins are wins, regardless of what the other teams on our schedule have done. i hoped for a "gameday' situation with our oklahoma game, but what it boils down to is you beat the team in front of you every week. its sad both teams that we hoped would be ranked high when we played them or whatever lost, but boys we still have to play the games. it doesnt make the matchups any less exciting, meaningful, blah blah blah. it just means that the focus is now on US, and we have nothing to lose other than a chance. same story, same difference, same insert comment here. we won.

It would have been nice to see them both win. Okl will have its team up and running again, by the time they come to Lincoln. V.Tech will now use their game with us as a motivational tool, to get them back up in the polls. We had to play them any way, but you can't think that their loss won't make it just a little bit harder, to get out of there with a win.

GBR!!!

Well truthfully, i expected Alabama to win against VT. But the way the game played out was not what i expected, at times i thought that VT might win.

Missouri was another one that i expected to lose, but they came out and played a hellva much better game than Illinois did.

I was pulling for OU, and hated to see them lose, especially to BYU. I especially hated to see Bradford banged up. I was pulling for Alabama, though. Things can be unpleasant in my household when my wife's team loses heh. I was joking that maybe they could do to VT what they did to Clemson last year - take the fight out of them for a good 5 or 6 weeks. I can't see Beamer letting that happen, though.

Sadly, I didn't get to watch or listen to much football yesterday, but I was keeping a close eye on the ESPN Gamecast for a few games at least, including ours.

Well, if you go undefeated and win the Big 12 title, you will be in the national title game. The Red N helps. So maybe that won't be this year, but if you do that , your opponents success does become less important.

P.S. unless you are Auburn a few years back :(

I always like to see the Big 12 do well against non-conference opponents. I didn't like seeing OU lose like that. They're a team whose fans respect tradition and handle their success well (unlike a few others in the B12), so I hope they bounce back.

You always hate to see an upcoming opponent lose. Not only does it downplay the win if you happen to beat them, but in VT's case I have actually come to like their team and their fans, so I find myself pulling for them week after week. They're warriors on the field with a loyal fan base, and as an NU fan I can relate to that.

Well, if you go undefeated and win the Big 12 title, you will be in the national title game. The Red N helps. So maybe that won't be this year, but if you do that , your opponents success does become less important.

P.S. unless you are Auburn a few years back :(

Hey, Jayhawk, congrats on the win yesterday. Be nice to have the B12 North show up this year so I'm rooting for ya (except, well, you know).

:cop: