CU/CSU

BeachBuffs

That's 2 games I watched this weekend where I thought the underdog had no chance in hell of winning. First Oklahoma, now Colorado. What a weekend!

CU/CSU is an in-state rivalry game where all the stats and the past tendencies get thrown out the window. The underdogs play like it's their national championship game, and tend to throw everything at their opponent including the kitchen sink to win.

BeachBuffs,

While I glory in Colorado's misery, I can't in good conscience do it too publicly because I know exactly what you're probably feeling right now. Wasn't too long ago (in a distant century called 2007) that Nebraska fans knew the exquisite pain of losing to sh#t opponents.

But it's time for Hawkins to go. Seriously, I expect a minority of CU fans to maintain a semblance of optimism, but this guy is NEVER going to take you where you want to go. Sooner the fanbase (who really writes the checks) wises up to that, the faster the program gets back on track.

I hear where you are coming from but there is still one thing about him that I do like and that is the fact that he has worked really hard to clean up Barnett's mess and he has done a good job in that department. If you act like an asshat over there you are out, look how bad that loss was tonight, it wouldn't have been that long ago that the students might have responded in a poor light and yet they refrained, so I am not completely ready to throw in the towel quite yet but I am eager to listen to his take on what the hell happened tonight and to see if he admits that they planned poorly and are working to fix the deficientcies or if they are just going to blame the kids.

Believe me when I say that while I know exactly where you're coming from––I had the same experience with my opinion of Callahan––sooner or later the excuses are going to fly away, and all you're left with is a program getting left in the dust by the likes of Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and pretty much the entire south.

It gets pretty simple pretty quickly when we eliminate the bullsh#t. Is Dan Hawkins going to win a Big XII championship?

All logic points to No, and loudly.

Only its worse for CU. When they fired Barnett, they had just won another North title. And not a winning season since. Unless CU has a massive jump after the first game, they wont be involved in the race for the north title, they will be in a three way race for the cellar with KSU and ISU.