CU Sucks

nepolo7

Some quotes out of Boulder from the same writer

Before---

The reality is that it`s hard to find a place on the field where the Rams have any kind of clear edge

The biggest reason, of course, is that the Buffs are more talented across the board. Hawkins has had four years to recruit his players and build his program. While there are still holes to fill -- and plenty of rough spots ahead, particularly in the Big 12 -- this is the first time in his tenure that CU fans can say the Buffs` talent level is at least comparable to that of Barnett`s last couple of squads.

And, here`s a guess: before the night is over, CU`s defense will make a name for itself as the foundation for this year`s team.

After---

An anemic running game, despite the presence of a highly touted offensive line and a stable of equally highly touted running backs. There’s no excuse. CU finished with 29 yards rushing; that’s barely a fourth of what a halftime streaker managed against CSU’s band.

A defense prone to giving up big plays. Three different CSU receivers had catches of 43 yards or more. Running back Leonard Mason ripped off a 44-yard run and wide receiver Dion Morton had a 26-yard gallop. That means that more than 57 percent of CSU’s offense (376 yards) came on five of its 62 total plays

And a quote from the head Hawk---

"I thought (Cody) played well down the stretch and made some nice throws," Dan Hawkins said. "The thing that hurt us was trying to find a rhythm in the first half."

I agree, CU does suck.

Side note...I think if I had to rank my ten most "disliked" teams in it would go something like this...

10) Miami - Probably hanging on to the past here a bit...

9) Tennessee - Rapidly moving up on my list after the hiring of Kiffin.

8) USC - All c*ck and no balls.

7) Florida - As great of a man as Tebow is...I still puke in my mouth a little whenever I hear him talk.

6) Colorado - Not too high on the list because no matter how obnoxious they are...they always play us hard.

5) Kansas State - Utterly classless program.

4) Iowa - I grew up on the Nebraska side of Sioux City, enough said.

3) Notre Dame - Seeing them suck year in and year out is so stressful:)

2) Mizzou - .005 points away from being #1

1) Oklahoma - I have a lot of respect for our old rival...Not.

I was saying about two weeks ago I have no idea why people are so high on CU. Hawkins simply is below average, they have no skill players on the outside. Their TE's are serviceable but they aren't gamebreakers. Their offensive line was really banged up last year so it was hard to get a guage on how they were going to be this year, it possibly turned out to be worse this year. Scott didn't impress me last year and did nothing to change that yesterday. Stewart is an OK runner but he's like 160 lbs so he isn't going to hold up too well. They lost their best defensive lineman in Hypolite and they really don't have any stars in the secondary. Rippy impressed me with his speed and aggressiveness but other than that they were almost exactly what I thought they would be. Maybe a little worse actually.