We will beat ASU soundly on Saturday...

ray233

My prediction of 51-0 still stands... I understand you guys might have the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt, but at the same time you have to remember Nebraska has arguable the best defensive lineman in the nation.

Regardless we will find out tomorrow I just hope you guys don't run off and never come back regardless of the outcome.

Being the best defensive player in the Sun Belt has been known to earn a first or second round NFL pick. Being the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt isn't a hollow honor.

Its not a hollow honor by any means, it is just much harder to evaluate.

Carrington is projected as a 3rd-5th round pick right now.

Last year, Nebraska had a runningback-turned-linebacker (who played half a season and got suspended) go in the 5th round.

As of right now, NFL Scouts still have a tough job of trying to figure out Sun Belt stars in contrast to the level of talent they play against. I think the games they put on film against the major conference teams have to weigh a ton. Those games are a step closer to the caliber of guys he'll play at the next level.

I'm certainly no scout, but that's the only logical way we have to size Carrington up. I don't care if he had 30 sacks against MVSU, I want to see how Carrington stepped up in the big-time games, because @Nebraska is a big-time game.

So far, it looks like he doesn't generate good productivity against top talent and I bet the pro scouts are looking beyond his early-round measurements to zoom in on his late-round play.

He's got 3 more chances to get his draft stock up, starting today.

Good luck, Carrington.

My prediction of 51-0 still stands... I understand you guys might have the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt, but at the same time you have to remember Nebraska has arguable the best defensive lineman in the nation.

Regardless we will find out tomorrow I just hope you guys don't run off and never come back regardless of the outcome.

Being the best defensive player in the Sun Belt has been known to earn a first or second round NFL pick. Being the best defensive lineman in the Sun Belt isn't a hollow honor.

Its not a hollow honor by any means, it is just much harder to evaluate.

Carrington is projected as a 3rd-5th round pick right now.

Last year, Nebraska had a runningback-turned-linebacker (who played half a season and got suspended) go in the 5th round.

As of right now, NFL Scouts still have a tough job of trying to figure out Sun Belt stars in contrast to the level of talent they play against. I think the games they put on film against the major conference teams have to weigh a ton. Those games are a step closer to the caliber of guys he'll play at the next level.

I'm certainly no scout, but that's the only logical way we have to size Carrington up. I don't care if he had 30 sacks against MVSU, I want to see how Carrington stepped up in the big-time games, because @Nebraska is a big-time game.

So far, it looks like he doesn't generate good productivity against top talent and I bet the pro scouts are looking beyond his early-round measurements to zoom in on his late-round play.

He's got 3 more chances to get his draft stock up, starting today.

Good luck, Carrington.

The NFL understands that if an NFL prospect is getting doubled by two guys that are NFL or near NFL quality, they aren't going to produce great numbers. They also know that in the NFL, they aren't likely to get doubled very often because there are other NFL quality guys around them that will destroy the ball carrier or QB while effort is wasted doubling the guy. They will be looking at the plays where he is going one-on-one against a quality lineman much more carefully than the plays where he is doubled, except when he is doubled by two inferior players.

No offense to ASU's fandom, but coming into Lincoln expecting a win, especially when you're Arkansas State, is little more than just being a good fan.

Now back to reality... 55-3. I don't see our Blackshirts allowing a TD until the next game at Blacksburg....

I will never admit defeat before the game is played, and I'll always show my players that I believe in them by stating my belief in an upcoming victory.

It's the curse of being a fan of a lower level team.....but you can't ever stop believing.

Go Red Wolves!!!

Go Huskers!!!

Ill give our defense more credit if they bring their A-game tomorrow.

Nebraska 48 - ASU 9 (3 Field Goals, No TD's)

Damn. 10 more points and i would have had this game on the money. Though i was wrong about the 0 TD thing. :)

Stupid Holding call on Ricky Henry. haha.