Bo Pelini

Interesting thread on OU board: Bo Pelini

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would Les Miles hire Bo Pelini at LSU after a bunch of OSUs underclassmen WRs torched OU's Pelini coached secondary?

Can he be that dumb?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Pelini will be a better DC then he was a position coach. Look what he did with really bad talent at Nebraska.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brodney Pool said that if he knew ahead of time that Bo would have been gone and that Bobby Jack Wright would have been his position coach than he would have probably stayed at OU. To me that says alot!! A. Bobby Jack Wright is very well respected by the players and B. Bo was not. Not trying to say anything bad about Bo but interesting comments from Brodney Pool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bo Pelini was a joke of a hire. Damn near every NU fan I know was shocked that Stoops would take him, and that we would regret the hire eventually. He was right. Brodney Pool and Donte Nicholson don't go from 1st rounders to crap in one year because they forgot how to play. The one issue was Bo. Watch the 2ndary improve greatly this year without Bo's bend don't break D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone talks about how Pelini did so great at Nebraska but in 2003 they played 3 decent teams. They gave up 41 to Missouri, 31 to Texas and 38 KSU. They even gave up 22 to a very average Colorado team. Lets also not forget that his two starting safeties that year just got drafted. Pelini did fine at Nebraska, but he wasn't outstanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't necessarilly think Bo was a bad coach (he had that one good year at nebraska), but it was obvious he wasn't a good fit at OU. I think Bo also knew he was a poor fit since he was taking every interview opportunity he could.

And Former probably wanted him as head coach... :thumbs and yes former, I know that his d was ranked third in the nation and that we went ten and three, but if you can throw out a super bowl on Callahans part, than I can throw out one season as a defensive coordinator for Bo.

Wow...an excellent point...never thought of that one, Stuckin, and I'm not being sarcastic here, either. Good point.

And Former probably wanted him as head coach... :thumbs  and yes former, I know that his d was ranked third in the nation and that we went ten and three, but if you can throw out a super bowl on Callahans part, than I can throw out one season as a defensive coordinator for Bo.

Cool, throwing out that one year for each, means that cally is a 9-18 head coach (33%), and Pelini ONLY won a Big 12 Champ. and played in a NC game.

Great point, I agree :thumbs

And Former probably wanted him as head coach... :thumbs  and yes former, I know that his d was ranked third in the nation and that we went ten and three, but if you can throw out a super bowl on Callahans part, than I can throw out one season as a defensive coordinator for Bo.

Cool, throwing out that one year for each, means that cally is a 9-18 head coach (33%), and Pelini ONLY won a Big 12 Champ. and played in a NC game.

Great point, I agree :thumbs

Dude, you're reaching again.

We can't compare Callahan to Pelini in head coaching. Why? Well, I'll leave that for you to figure out. ;)

Its too bad to hear the negative feedback from the OU fans. I appreciate the work he had done here and at the time i really thought he should have been given more consideration for the HC job. I guess time will tell if he has what it takes to be a college football coach. I really hope he finds success at LSU both for him and his family.

I had alot of respect for Bo, being a Packer fan and seeing his intensity on the field game in and game out during the 03 season, but I lost all of that when he went around bad mouthing Nebraska after he was let go, especially in private conversations with recruits. That is apparantly the reason why Phillip Dillard came to Nebraska. I can understand being upset at not being chosen for head coach after doing well the previous season, but I think that it was pretty clear that Steve wanted Nebraska to head in a new Offensive direction, which Pelini was not capable of doing. If he wants to be sour about it, than that his his perroggative, but dont bad mouth our program in front of recruits.

You are talking about a snake that would eat its own children. This man is no friend of Nebraska and never has been. It was always about Bo. The best thing Pederson did was show him the door, the one he nearly broke going out. He has caused this program problems since his departure. He is pretty much hated at OU. Thank god he is gone before his temper brought major embarassment to this program.

Its too bad to hear the negative feedback from the OU fans. I appreciate the work he had done here and at the time i really thought he should have been given more consideration for the HC job. I guess time will tell if he has what it takes to be a college football coach. I really hope he finds success at LSU both for him and his family.

I wonder if the Callahan comments "f***ing hillbilly" sweeled their feelings toward NU. I still think there's a good relationship between the two.