Why is Carter Lake?

That is very true. I am actually from Iowa City. The wife and I went to the Omaha Zoo two days ago. We also took in the sights and sound of Omaha. I love the Old Downtown. But, we drove on Abott Drive towards Epply and went through the small town of Carter Lake, IA. I have always been told everything west of the river was Nebraska and evertyhing east was Iowa. I was wrong.

Having grown up there, I know a little about it. As stated after dams were put in place up river the river changed direction in two locations. I do not remember the name of the area to north but there is a Nebraska part on the Iowa side, just like Carter Lake is on the Nebraska side. Iowa would not trade the people (taxes) for birds and fish, so they just remainded as they were. It is Iowa from the center of the lake and a small strip that crosses Abbot Drive. When I was there many years ago, we attended Thomas Jefferson in Council Bluffs. If you missed the bus you had to walk across the Missouri on the train bridge. It was not something you wanted to do more than once.

Sounds good. I am going back for my 40 year class reunion. I will get to see the Wake Forest and Pitt game. My son just took a job at the University of Missouri running their MRI/CT lab. He has got tickets for the Nebraska game. Will be going back for that one to. Other than that will most likely be around. I do hit some of SC and UCLA games if interesting. Thinking of buying San Diego State season tickets this year. Almost all their home games are at nite. No decession yet. Went to see a few of their games last year and had a good time. Easy to get in and out of compared to the Rose Bowl or SC. May have extra ones as the wife normally gets called in on the weekends at her hospital.