They are who we thought they were

Well until you understand what we have on field you are going to be the one expecting too much.

We played a higher rated team and lost, trust me not something unusal for Coach Osborne.

This loss hurts because we did not get beaten, we beat ourseleves.

If you are expecting games like the 90's you better become a Florida or SC fan for a couple of years.

Not happening here for awhile, if ever.

The kids gave all they had, the ball bounces funny and we were on the wrong end. This loss was not due to a lack of effort. It was due to a young team and coaching staff on the road against a very good defensive team with a strong crowd behind them.

Mistakes that will teach lessons down the road, that will harden this team for conference play.

Not a game to be happy about, but way better than we have seen in recent years.

We need to support our team.

How? Lowering our expectations? Yikes!

Games like the 90's aren't happening here for awhile IF EVER? Man, if I thought that way I WOULD become a fan of another team.

I can only speak for myself here -- but I am a fan of NU because I went to NU and it was a wonderful school with great people in a great state. I am not a native Nebraskan and have not had the privilege of living in Nebraska since I graduated. that said, I love NU and the people of that great state. So...

I love NU football not based on expectations --- not based on whether they win or lose --- but because Nu is where my heart resides. It matters not if they never win a championship again. Ever. Nothing changes. NU will always have my support.

I say this only to point out that allegiance should not be based on "how good they are."

NU Football is no longer nationally competitive and has not been for ... well pretty much a decade. I'd love to see that change. We all would. But we all should stick with them no matter what.

We are NU.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost a month ago (after the V Tech Game) I started this topic because my friends didnt believe we had offensive problems. After V Tech, Missouri, and T Tech I dont know what to say. This is unbelieveable I cannot believe that this was as bad as it was. Even after the first touchdown the staduim was absoulty silent. I hve been hearing how great the defense played they had their moment but a true blackshirt defense would find that performance unacceptable.

I read people talking about Heisman, Polls and BCS games last week and I was critized for saying slow down. People we have a long way to go from where this program was. I just hope we see improvements on both sides soon. (espically the offense)