Just an idea

HuskerNBigD

After watching the offense move successfully down the field several times and from what I heard listening to the fau and Arkansas state it sounds like the offense is having issues punching it in from about ten yards in. And I know penalties and less field for the defense to cover is an issue. What is your thougts on getting suh in there like we did last year. I know he's a stud at defense and we don't want to use him every drive and tire him out but when we have a chance to go up by over a touchdown lead it wouldn't hurt to have the big man in especially if were trying to seal a game. We don't even need to have him as a running back, possible a fullback and pave the way for helu cause helu can follow that big man and make one or two moves and get three to five yards. Let me know how y'all feel bout this. Seemed successful last year and with missing a true fullback I feel suh would be perfect for the job.

GBR

After watching the offense move successfully down the field several times and from what I heard listening to the fau and Arkansas state it sounds like the offense is having issues punching it in from about ten yards in. And I know penalties and less field for the defense to cover is an issue. What is your thougts on getting suh in there like we did last year. I know he's a stud at defense and we don't want to use him every drive and tire him out but when we have a chance to go up by over a touchdown lead it wouldn't hurt to have the big man in especially if were trying to seal a game. We don't even need to have him as a running back, possible a fullback and pave the way for helu cause helu can follow that big man and make one or two moves and get three to five yards. Let me know how y'all feel bout this. Seemed successful last year and with missing a true fullback I feel suh would be perfect for the job.

GBR

Helu has stated he prefers to run in a singleback formation.

Suh cannot play both sides all the time. The man will get worn down if he's in too much, and frankly, I'd rather have him in on defense rather than offense.

Yeah, that was a pretty fun play last year where he scored, but it wasn't ever meant to be an everyday part of our offense.

No i totally agree I'm just thinkin get him in there maybe one or two series especially if we need a td late in the game and have him as an extra blocker maybe an offset I so it doesn't affect helu since he likes the single back formation and let suh plow through a few guys and helu follow him in. It wouldn't be reasonable at all to have him in every series. Completely agree with you there.

Suh cannot play both sides all the time. The man will get worn down if he's in too much, and frankly, I'd rather have him in on defense rather than offense.

Yeah, that was a pretty fun play last year where he scored, but it wasn't ever meant to be an everyday part of our offense.

Exactly. They have a fullback in Tyler Legate. He may not be a 6-4 300 pound DT, but he is a quality fullback. The problem is not that we don't have a good fullback, it is that once we get in the redzone, the play calling doesn't result in having heavy back sets that allow us to pound the ball. Suh doesn't like being in on the offense, as he stated earlier this year, when fans were calling for him to be put in when we were held to a fourth and 1 against FAU and eventually converted without him. He wants to play D and that's it.

People think that we don't have a "true" fullback, when we do, but Watson's playcalling and the type of offense we run just doesn't give the fullback carries like you would think once we get in the redzone, it's not the style of offense that we run.

I think that putting Suh in was a good idea last year to spice things up, but the big man is a beast on defense and the offense needs to be able to click without tiring an all-star in the process. Plus... the risk for injury to Suh is far greater than the benefit of putting him in.

:restore

Exactly. They have a fullback in Tyler Legate. He may not be a 6-4 300 pound DT, but he is a quality fullback. The problem is not that we don't have a good fullback, it is that once we get in the redzone, the play calling doesn't result in having heavy back sets that allow us to pound the ball. Suh doesn't like being in on the offense, as he stated earlier this year, when fans were calling for him to be put in when we were held to a fourth and 1 against FAU and eventually converted without him. He wants to play D and that's it.

People think that we don't have a "true" fullback, when we do, but Watson's playcalling and the type of offense we run just doesn't give the fullback carries like you would think once we get in the redzone, it's not the style of offense that we run.

I think that putting Suh in was a good idea last year to spice things up, but the big man is a beast on defense and the offense needs to be able to click without tiring an all-star in the process. Plus... the risk for injury to Suh is far greater than the benefit of putting him in.

:restore

Bingo. Adjustments can be made though......